Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Nitto Mud Grapplers???

1959 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  cummins1121
I have a tire shop that has a used set of Nitto Mud Grapplers 35/12.50/18 that have 85% tread left. They are in perfect shape. I can get them out the door for $200. Right now I have Toyo MT 35/12.50/18 on black Moto Metals and they have about 20% left. I bought the wheels and tires together used and have only had them for a couple weeks. I dont go off road much, just like the looks of the MTs and want that big truck look. Should I buy the Mud Grapplers? I was thinking you cant beat that price so why not? I know they only get around 20-30K miles out of a new set. I have a 3500 4WD so it is a heavy truck. Let me know what you think from your experiences.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9,910 Posts
I have a tire shop that has a used set of Nitto Mud Grapplers 35/12.50/18 that have 85% tread left. They are in perfect shape. I can get them out the door for $200. Right now I have Toyo MT 35/12.50/18 on black Moto Metals and they have about 20% left. I bought the wheels and tires together used and have only had them for a couple weeks. I dont go off road much, just like the looks of the MTs and want that big truck look. Should I buy the Mud Grapplers? I was thinking you cant beat that price so why not? I know they only get around 20-30K miles out of a new set. I have a 3500 4WD so it is a heavy truck. Let me know what you think from your experiences.
Since you dont plan on offroading much i would pass them up.

These tires are one of the noisiest f'n things you will find! Very annoying to ride on the highway with, i think that the swamper boggers have less road noise than these things. (likely the reason the tire shop got them back and trying to sell them cheap)

Also tread life is not the greatest on them...

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i have heard they are pretty loud. But like I said i can get the WHOLE set for $200. They are in great shape and have 80-85% tread left. Im not too worried about how many miles ill get out of them since Im getting the whole set for less than 1 tire costs new. I dont go off road that much, but enough that I would like to have great traction when needed. As long as I can get another 15K or so out of them I think it would be worth it. How is the ride quality with these tires? Rough? They are just a bad looking tire that Id like to try.

· Registered
1,108 Posts
They won't last, very loud, rough ride (im guessing based on the tread design), but they do look badass. I'd buy em if I was you and if you don't like them you could try and resell them and make some money off them.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea thats what I was thinking. I looked on craigslist and a set of mud grapplers go for about $400-600 with the same amount of tread left. Think ill buy them and try them out. If i dont like them that same tire shop gets used Toyo MTs all the time with half tread for about $145-200.

· Registered
9,910 Posts
good idea, you could definately buy them and flip them to make some cash.

I wouldnt bother putting them on your truck even if they are that cheap

· Registered
953 Posts
200 for all 4? or 200 a piece? even though they dont last forever if you can get all 4 for 200 i would buy them.

· Registered
125 Posts
Yeah my buddies got them on his duramax and it sounds like a prop plane taking off getting on the highway.....f'n loud but look badass.:headbang:

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$200 for ALL 4 tires...at least 80% tread left perfect shape...I know ill probably only get another 12-15K out of them but at that price does that really matter? I have a straight pipe with a 7 1/2 inch pipe coming out the back....Really loud...Would the tires really be louder?

· Registered
9,910 Posts
In the end its all up to you, but i seriously wouldnt put them on anything that sees the pavement. They are annoyingly loud on the pavement.

Even on a light little truck, one of my buddies has 35x12.5 mud grapplers on his little sporttrac and they are annoying as hell. You can even hear his truck a few miles away down the highway before you can even see the thing. Inside the truck its got a very annoying drone...

To top it all off, they arent even 6 months old yet and tread is about 50%...

Lets not even talk about what they are like on bigger trucks. Another buddy has a V10 2nd gen dodge with 38x15.5 MGs and its even more annoying to ride in.

Buy them, flip them, make some cash and buy yourself some DECENT tires.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea...Think Ill make a little cash off of them. There are plenty of rich kids in my town whos dads buy them anything they want for their trucks, and they ALL want big M/Ts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts