Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a new set of 285's on the stock wheels have had them balanced twice, can't seem to get rid of a 60-65mph droning type vibration and it pulls to the left anybody had trouble with these tires? I did a lot research and saw a lot of good stuff about these tires but I'm having some doubts!

Registered
Hi. I'm assuming you are talking Nitto Trail Grappler tires. I had a set of those on mine. I am afraid due to the aggressive tread pattern they are just noisy. They wore well and performed well for me. But, because of the noise when I replaced them I went with Nitto Terra Grappler tires. The tread pattern isn't as aggressive. They are very quiet and I am quite pleased with them.

Registered
I had a set of 35" Trails and I liked them myself, wore very good but it seemed to me the more they wore the louder they would be. I got 45,000 out of them and that was towing my 5th wheel 15-16k across the country twice

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Registered
I've had my tires balanced several times and alignment done to get rid of my right side pull and didn't help. I was told by my new diesel mechanic that dodged are notorious for being out of alignment and in order to "truly" align the front end you have to do an upper ball joint job and get ball joints that have a 1 degree adjustment canter. Haven't tried on mine yet..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Registered
I've had a couple friends that have had issues with pulls on certain tires because the cummins is just a little off center in our trucks and puts more weight on the left side tire than the right side, so they put about 4 psi more in the lf tire and it takes away the pull

I don't have this issue, but have had a few friends do it

Registered
I've had my tires balanced several times and alignment done to get rid of my right side pull and didn't help. I was told by my new diesel mechanic that dodged are notorious for being out of alignment and in order to "truly" align the front end you have to do an upper ball joint job and get ball joints that have a 1 degree adjustment canter. Haven't tried on mine yet..

It's the Toyo MT's causing the right pull. Well documented here. if you are running pressurized dual ss's,try removing the driver's side. This should induce a mild left pull,neutralizing the MT right pull.
I run my 2.0 Fox [email protected] 150psi in order to kill the pull. Drives great.
When I had Toyo AT's,the same ss had to be deflated to 75psi as the AT's are neutral handling.

It's not the Dodge.

Registered
Hmm interesting, wouldn't that lessen the life of that shock with the added psi?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.