Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything on my truck in my sig. THe smarty is tnt loaded, my question is what should my next step be, injectors, cp3 upgrade, or turbo. WHich one first to do the most good, bty my truck has 175,000 on it, injectors show signs of wear, haze and a lil miss at idle every once i awhile. whats my best bet????:confused013:

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
IMO, get the Turbo out of the way. If you plan on adding fuel, your going to need it. What size injectors do you have in mind?

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
PA VP ONE TUFF O3
2,124 Posts
i say clutch if you dont have then up grade you cp3 then injectors

i did box,clutch,turbo,cp3 and injectors at the same time then went to a dd, sold the turbo looking for new so thats the order i went

i know you cant run the highest setting on the smarty or probably any thing really past level five with out draining the rail

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
100s or 150s tryin to decide leanin to 150s to save myself from doin the same thing twice

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
100s or 150s tryin to decide leanin to 150s to save myself from doin the same thing twice
10-4, buy once. With that said, you'll need to upgrade to a modded CP3 to run those to there potential.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wanted to put a silver bullet on it, but ill have to do studs of course, or could i get by for a while without them

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
could i just put an arson kit or bag of parts on it or not worth it with 175,000 on the pump

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
true true but my budget is my prob then im remod my first house i just got and on a budget, that said i think my fuel system can hold on a while just alil longer starts rite now, but last time i checked my turbo it have quite a bit of shaft play, and it is what realy hurts me now (falls of on top end only 30psi stocker)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is a silverbullet wise choice or is there something better for me for the money

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where could i find that

·
Registered
727 Posts
air before fuel always IMO

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
turbo

i do tow but not as much as i used to. Now when i tow i usually pull a 16ft lowboy, 20 ft cattle trailer and a 32ft dovetail bigest thing on that is a 90 hp case ih but this is very rarely longest heavy tow is maybe 30 to 60 miles maybe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
turbo

could i run a s 300 as a single for a while and do a s300 and s400 twin setup later on. or not a good idea or wont work:confused013:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts