Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
next logical performance choice??

Hi boys and girls. Well my my buddy is looking for his next mod for his truck and asked me to post and ask what u think should be done next.

his mods are aurora 3000 turbo, edge juice with attitude/unlocked, ats intake, 100 hp injectors, exhaust, air filter intake, water/meth, airdog 150 :peelout

He was thinking maybe a performance vp44?

I sure dont know :confused: I just turn the wrenches :thumbsup

after test driving it last time i was impressed (i drive a srt 10 for a dd) and figured he would leave it alone for a while, but no!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Waht year model truck is it,and what transmission does it have

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Stack the edge with a smarty or buy a adrenaline and sell the edge.The monster vp44 are pretty nice

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Does anyone know the specs of that aurora turbo? I would say next on the agenda would be a Southbend Dual Disk clutch including hydro upgrade and billet input shaft, then llike smoking fords said either stack a smarty or go with an adrenaline. Maybe through some bigger sticks at that aurora and look into some head work also. just my .02. If you want to go crazy, P-Pump that sum gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for you time guys

not sure what a p-pump is but i just know he is pissed because he is nowhere as fast as me. i even offered to trade him a new 408 or 426 smallblock for his set up. i told him about stacking and from his past experience with stacking it did not work, he got some thing like a superchip and i know he has a power puck. just wish he would quit saving his money for mods and buy a computer :lol3:

i am tired of trying to figure out for him whats next to do to his truck

i told him today when he said to hell with the truck and was going to buy a bike to go fast i told him to go buy some chrome stacks, if u cant go fast make it look like it does :thumbsup:lol3::thumbsup

·
Registered
661 Posts
Does anyone know the specs of that aurora turbo? I would say next on the agenda would be a Southbend Dual Disk clutch including hydro upgrade and billet input shaft, then llike smoking fords said either stack a smarty or go with an adrenaline. Maybe through some bigger sticks at that aurora and look into some head work also. just my .02. If you want to go crazy, P-Pump that sum gun.
hey you said go with a southbend...your sig says you have a valair are you not happy with it?....just wondering i almost went valair but got the sb con fe i pick it up tommorow!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Tell him to spray it with some NOS,it will smoke that SRT 10 then

·
Mark Ward
837 Posts
Superchips and a puck both does timing. you cant stack em. Get a smarty and stack it with the edge, it will be crazy. Get a Clutch, southbend. then maybe a lil juice. and he will give you a run for your money.

A guy here in town has a srt10. i took off with no boost and had him by at least a car link, with my old set up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks again for the help again guys

i will tell him to get a smarty and as far as smoking the 10 i pushed a 12.97 stock and am far from stock now :thumbsup

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
thanks again for the help again guys

i will tell him to get a smarty and as far as smoking the 10 i pushed a 12.97 stock and am far from stock now :thumbsup
Yeah, now do a trailer tow test & see how it goes. I think he'll win.:lol3: I had the Drag comp/Smarty stack & now Adrenaline. I would sell the Edge & get the Adrenaline.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
You run a 12.97 stock,thats a little slow in the 1/8 mile aint it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, now do a trailer tow test & see how it goes. I think he'll win.:lol3: I had the Drag comp/Smarty stack & now Adrenaline. I would sell the Edge & get the Adrenaline.
:lol3: does one of the 4x8 wallmart trailers count :rof i really cant rember the last time i actually towed a trailer but it has been years :w:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts