Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Mopar friends,

ive been a lifelong Ford guy since my dad worked for Ford my whole life.

I am picking up my first Ram 2500 in the morning.Between the tech and the comfy ride,

I am getting a stupid (more than I paid) amount for my trade.

what should I look out for/ look into for the first mods?

thank you all! So excited to be here!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This truck is amazing. It rides like a Range Rover! Also, the interior is Mercedes quality and so well thought out. I put her in tow mode with exhaust brake on and drover her like I stole her. First mod: ceramic tint all around. Second: retrax tonneau cover.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What mods?

you got some good ones already. What about some amp research power steps. Love mine. Not a mod but put some diesel extreme in your tank every once in a while. Some say every oil change, some say every other fill up, I personally put some in every time I fill up as I don’t put a lot of miles on my truck.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I’ll check into those. Thank you.
Nice truck! What trim level is that? Did you get the gooseneck hitch prep, or do you tow? I went with the Mopar HD flaps, nice fit, easy install and look good.

Ram Mopar HD Rubber Front Splash Guards

Again, if you tow, I went with the 2.5" Fastway adjustable 20k ball mount. I have 1810 miles on my two week old truck, (2500) 900 empty and 900 towing. It is at the dealer already with poor A/C temps.

0603210638.jpg
0604211531a.jpg
0609210547.jpg
0605210553.jpg

Reactions: FormerPSDriver

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nice truck! What trim level is that? Did you get the gooseneck hitch prep, or do you tow? I went with the Mopar HD flaps, nice fit, easy install and look good.

Ram Mopar HD Rubber Front Splash Guards

Again, if you tow, I went with the 2.5" Fastway adjustable 20k ball mount. I have 1810 miles on my two week old truck, (2500) 900 empty and 900 towing. It is at the dealer already with poor A/C temps.

View attachment 929147 View attachment 929148 View attachment 929149 View attachment 929150
That ball mount is serious! Your truck looks great in white. Mine is a Laramie, and I could not be more impressed by the tech and the comfort. I don’t have anything to tow yet, but was planning to get a boat in the next couple years. My plan was accelerated when the dealer offered me (gross) $55k for my Tacoma. It did come with the gooseneck hitch prep. I am starting to shop for a fifth wheel RV.
Did the dealer give you a loner while they fix the a/c?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Used truck prices are insane. I tried to buy one for a year and finally give it up and bought new. My first new one in 30 years. This new one is light years ahead of my '01 and it was/is a fine truck.

No loaner but I didn't even think to ask, I have several old trucks I can drive.

Laramie's are so nice, mine is a Tradesman but a pretty well equipped one. I am in Hog Heaven😀

Reactions: FormerPSDriver
1 - 14 of 14 Posts