Cummins Diesel Forum banner

newbie! third gen block heater question??

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Dustin_Larsen 
#1 ·
Hey i'm new to the forum jeremy's friend. I have a question about how i can get my block heater to work. I need the cord that hooks to it.:confused013:

#4 ·
if you dont have one and want to plug in check ebay... or i think geno's garage has them too. the dealerships want 100+ for them... you dont need to plug in unless you are seeing solid 0' temps...

#5 ·
my truck had the block heater but no cord when i bought it, it had a black cap over the heater :confused013: so i checked around local part stores and i had a hard time trying to match it up. so i went to the dealership and it only cost $60 or so.

the heater it self is located on the right side of the block under the exhaust manifold near the oil filter. it will have a round black threaded cap on it.

#8 · (Edited)
The block heater is a standard feature on the Cummins. On my 07 they didnt include the cord either so I picked one up direct from Cummins on 2100 S and 5600 w for 15 bucks. I think its a good idea to plug your truck in anytime the temps are below freezing if you can. Cold starts cause un-needed wear and plus these trucks take forever to warm up.

Reactions: 01sporty
#9 ·
Well put my friend.... My philosophy exactly..... Injust plug mine in all the time in the winter then I don't feel so bad just starting it and let it idle for about a minute than I take off

#17 ·
Any Cummins service center should have one. I bought mine at Transport Diesel here in Logan. I don't remember how much I paid, but I know it was under $20

#18 ·
yeah i should of looked around... i was in a real big rush to get one cuz i was doing a trip back home to wisco at the time but i looked at the receipt and i paid about 35 from the dealer :doh: owell at least i have one now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.