Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i'm looking to get a CIA and found three in the classifieds. i'm not sure which is the better all around intake.. one is a AFE Stage 2 brand new, one is a AFE SI (sealed) Pro-Guard 10k miles, and the third is a S&B intake.. i am jsut looking for some advice the price for the two AFE are about the same and the S7B is 200.. just didn't know which one to go for first.. my truck in completly stock and is gonna stay that way just looking for a little better fuel mileage... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
afe stage II i love it

· Registered
53 Posts
:agree2: i love mine too.... i have the mega cannon, i dont really like the si cuz i dont like the idea of having the intake sit that close to the ground

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so with me working and living on a farm it woudlnt' be a good idea to get the SI? i also hunt and drive through the fields a lot during harvest

· Registered
1,834 Posts
i do all this stuff to and you got nothin to worry about:thumbsup:

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what's the difference in the ones that have a "lid" and the ones that do not? i noticed the more open ones SAY they get better power, torque and air flow.. but the ones with the lid are more expensive, just wondering which on is better? part number 54-10932 or 54-10412 afe stage 2 for both?

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Not saying anything bad about a CAI because I have and really like hearing the turbo whistle but u will not see that much of an increase in your MPG. When I first bought my truck I put my K&N CAI on saw nothing. And by the way take that silencer ring out and u will enjoy that CAI even more.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so then the one with the lid but open front will perform better? but why do the ones that are completely open say you will have better gains?

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Out of the ones listed I would go with the afe. I have had a few different intakes on my truck, k&n, s&b, afe, and the afe is by far my favorite. Dont expect to see much of a mpg gain from the intake though. Just enjoy the whistle.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so basically for what i am wanting to gain out of spending the money it'd be a waste? should i just keep my money and put it towards something else? or will the CAI be worth the 300 dollars to buy it.. i'm not really concerned with hearing the turbo, lol

· Registered
1,834 Posts
personally id just use the stock and customize the stock intake...id put the money towards a chip like i said i got a chip for ya and its worth the money and i think its perfect for what you want to do...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.