Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies upfront and search was less than totally helpful. Is there a quick guide on how to change both of the fuel filters on a 13'? I finally got the filters from Geno's and my evic is saying that am down to 5% so I got the order just in time! Any help would be great! I am not against asking my independent guy to do this the first time, but it is something that I want to be able to do. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
At the dealer they're about $140 for the both filters. I would imagine Geno's is cheaper even with shipping. Seems like a lot of money for no longer than they last. (15,000 miles)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally wimped out....

The filters were $114 including shipping and my local wrench charged me $82 to install them which was about 3/4 of an hour. If I could have pulled the truck inside I would have done it myself. But glad to have it done!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just changed mine for the second time, and watched this video. I noticed that this truck has a steel drive shaft, mine is aluminum. I wonder what determines that?

·
Registered
188 Posts
excellent video plan on using it when mines do which should be soon. 6000k and at 30% life left on the evac so not sure were they are getting 15k?

·
White Lightning
14,213 Posts
Owner's manual says change engine mounted fuel filter every 15k or 12 mos. Rear filter every 30k or 24 mos.
Owner's Manual or Ram Truck Diesel Supplement???? If Supplement, what edition do you have??? I have the Third Edition.....and the underhood and frame mounted filters are due for changing every 15,000 miles.

·
1,533 Posts
Am at 6700moles and evic says fuel filter is down to 25%, so I reckon max of 9k before I need to replace
. How accurate is this indicator? What is it based on? Is it just gallons of fuel used?

·
Registered
493 Posts
My '13 is my work truck so I change both filters, air, and oil every 8-10,000

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
I think they keep changing the supplements. My 13 supplement, 1st edition, says change both at 15k. Strange.

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I totally wimped out....

The filters were $114 including shipping and my local wrench charged me $82 to install them which was about 3/4 of an hour. If I could have pulled the truck inside I would have done it myself. But glad to have it done!
If anyone in the Houston area needs their filters changed I'll beat that price by a dollar!

Its not that hard of a job but I understand if its cold or snowing, I wouldnt be very motivated either.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
I just changed mine for the second time, and watched this video. I noticed that this truck has a steel drive shaft, mine is aluminum. I wonder what determines that?
Same on mine...aluminum drive shaft. Wonder why the difference. 9000 miles on mine and no rust, so I know it's not steel.

·
White Lightning
14,213 Posts
Re-read it, its 15,000 or one year for both front and rear.
Thanks for the update......I was about to toss my supplement into the fire pit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.