Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a thread on the Adrenaline but it really doesn't answer some basic stuff. I recently purchased a used adrenaline w/ pulse and downloaded one of the tunes that was updated the 8th or so. My real question is what level should I normally be driving on? Is there a limit to level for towing and daily driving? should I never drive on level 00? What exactly is the adrenaline doing...are certain level a fuel box and do others effect timing? I took it for a spin the other night at level 7 and it was awesome but bosst numbers were through the roof...is it a big deal? EGT looked great just saw boost fly through 50lbs for a second on a transient and it spooked me! Awesome but...! So some basic background in how it functions, expectations, limitations, etc. would be really good

thanks again!

·
Boiler up!
2,451 Posts
if im feeling broke i turn my adr down to 00 or 03, otherwise mine stays turned up just in case a tailgater comes along ,,,i believe the adr is tapping the VP and telling it to fuel harder ? in basic terms thats what its doing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know there is a thread on the Adrenaline but it really doesn't answer some basic stuff. I recently purchased a used adrenaline w/ pulse and downloaded one of the tunes that was updated the 8th or so. My real question is what level should I normally be driving on? Is there a limit to level for towing and daily driving? should I never drive on level 00? What exactly is the adrenaline doing...are certain level a fuel box and do others effect timing? I took it for a spin the other night at level 7 and it was awesome but bosst numbers were through the roof...is it a big deal? EGT looked great just saw boost fly through 50lbs for a second on a transient and it spooked me! Awesome but...! So some basic background in how it functions, expectations, limitations, etc. would be really good

You can drive on whatever level you want. If you want better mileage level 1-2 will be best. I wouldn't tow on anything higher than 3 unless you want tranny pieces layin on the road:lol4: As far as I know timing is the same for every level except 0 (stock) If your turbo is capable to make 50 psi efficiently I wouldn't really worry about it. If your worried there is a boost backdown function on the pulse i think. once it hits that psi it will start backing off the fuel so it doesnt go any higher. If you want more info on the pulse and how it works try the adrenaline custom tunes thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts