Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Newbie Post

1185 14
Alright guys as you can tell, I'm new to the forum and I know how these places can get..... so bring on any of the jokes and hazing necessary. I recently got ahold of an 09' 6.7 with about 70k on it. No mods whatsoever, but they shall begin. I have read endlessly about the horrors of the DPF and EGR and now I am experiencing it first hand. I don't necessarily want more drastic amounts of power, but some better low end would help. The MPG is ridiculous compared to previous trucks owned and that is the main goal here. I would like full gauges, tuner and best kits to throw on for the deletes. I know this topic has been beaten up over and over again but if any of you guys don't mind, I would like a total breakdown of the best way to go about this whole process. If anybody is feeling friendly and wants to give a step by step breakdown of the absolute best way to start this battle please explain. I eventually want the final product to end up with a full DPF delete and EGR removal. The only reason I ask for someones specific advice is that the truck already has 70k on it. If anyone has waited this long to do what I want to do please bless me with your wisdom and experience. I understand the breakdown of what all needs to be done, but the best products to thrown on it and the order in which they need to be done is where I need some specifics. PM with the best way to approach this if anyone can help. Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to getting some helpful advice soon.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Efi for the tuner. Pretty much any turbo back exhaust. I have diamond eye. Its alright. Sinister and GDP make good egr delete kits. Edge CTS for gauges. Ask around to some of the vendors on here and I'm sure they can hook you up with a deal. Draconian and anarchy are good places to start.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 3brorce

·
Registered
732 Posts
EFI or H&S. Look both up. Everything you've asked has been covered extensively. There are so many ways to go about it, it's up to you decided the best route for your goals and investment

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
186 Posts
^^^ this guy has great customer service, he explained my choices for efi live. stiil saving some $$$ but will contact him when ready to purchase. i would go with the edge cts for gauges. exhaust, there are alot of choices just depends on how much you want to spend

·
Registered
44 Posts
Personally I went with H&S Mini Max. And MBRP delete pipe turbo to stock muffler. Mine was done at 124,000 miles. Your best bet is to add a tuner and exhaust first. I also went with the egr delete from XDP. For the simple fact of cost and it came with pyro port. I like the Mini Max because I dont have the need for two different tuners/gauge set. The Mini Max comes with all of it. But good luck in what ever you choose.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 5inch turbo back pipe id sell you, no muffler, its loud and proud but too much for me on a plow truck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Alright guys as you can tell, I'm new to the forum and I know how theseThanks a lot and I'm looking forward to getting some helpful advice soon.
Step 1) go outside, lift the hood, pull the plug on your EGR on the driver's side. Result: CEL is now on, and you got an instant 2-3mpg increase, and no more fart inhalation...

There's posts wih the pics and extensive discussion on the topic. Your '09 won't go into limp mode or derate as a response to this as later trucks will.

Step 2) Happy reading as to the best way to go about a more thorough delete and tuning. Or skip the reading and have Phil at Anarchy set you up, or Dave at Draconian. Can't go wrong either way. I suggest the reading though, because it's always good to know the intricacies of what and why...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your best bet is to search this forum, there are so awesome custom tuners out there that can get your truck exactly the way you want it. Good luck and keep us in the loop

·
Registered
241 Posts
These guys all have you on the right track. I have a Smarty, but with regrets. Go with EFI, there's plently of good EFI tuners right here on the forums that can get you hooked up. Turbo-back exhaust; I have MBRP and it works just fine. Also recommend the Sinister EGR/Cooler delete kit, along with the CCV ventilator by Glacier Diesel.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What ^^^^ said. I have a H&S ( BLACK MAXX ) and purchased the code from H&S to get into the trans .... Thats's NICE! Shifts Soooo much better! So with the above suggestions mentioned , the trans is also apart of the equation.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Contact Anarchy Diesel first off.
Order EFI Live for your tuner
Get a full EGR delete kit. I run H&S kit.
Get a 5" turbo back exhaust, with or without muffler. Up to you.
Run Edge Insight CTS with pyro to have all your gauges combines in 1 unit
Enjoy a much happier truck. Stronger, faster, and more efficient.
I had 112K miles on my truck before I did this.

Reactions: 3brorce
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.