Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum & looking for some advice. I used to have a 2001 Dodge Cummins extended cab & LOVED it, but as the family grew bigger I needed more cab room, so I had to sell it & get an 03 GMC crew cab. Boy.....what a PIG! I don't like anything about it.
I want to get back into a Dodge & I am debating over a 2003 or 2004 since I have heard good things about these years. I like them plain STOCK, & do a little hauling (stock trailer, snowmobile trailer). ANY INFORMATION & SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. PRO'S & CON'S ARE WELCOME TOO!

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
:welcome:
You may wish to check into the Gen2 or Gen 3 sections for good information. This is the 6.7L section, Mostly related to the 2007.5 & up 6.7's.
No matter what you get, if its a Cummins you'll be happy. :thumbsup:

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
03-04 there was no differnece at all, the late 04's came with the new 325hp motor vs the 305. other than that there is no difference. if i were you i would look into a used 06 megga cab 2500, i have 4 kids and need the room too so i know. i have the 07 megga cab and LOVE it for the room.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
if you want cab room, go sit in the back of a mega cab, and youll never go back to anything else!!!

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
the mega cabs are awesome but you may not be able to afford one, but either 03 or 04 are great, they changed the motor in 04.5 like stated above.. what all you want to know about the trucks?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts