Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I just bought a '96 12V Club Cab long bed and I want to get some power out of it. Before I go getting into anything too much I wanted to throw some ideas around and ask the right questions. I have five months until I can do anything to the truck, I'm in the Navy stationed in Virginia and the truck is at home in Oregon, so now is the time to do my homework.

I want to be able to tow with it, but I would also like to give some of these little rice grinders a run for their money!

I've already bought a 5" MBRP exhaust, and the gauges are on the way for the pillar. I know the stock auto isnt gonna hold up to much more torque than the stock cummins offers, so some tranny mods are my first priority before doing anything with the engine, aswell as O-Ringing the head. I would like to go with some larger injectors, a FASS system, ARP studs, ect.

My question is what is a fair price for some of these parts and where should I buy them? And what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
324 Posts
well the gauges are deffinatly ur first priority, put them in and learn how to read them correctly, studs are always a safe add no matter how much power ur makin, o-rings are pretty pricey and not nessasrly needed unless u start puttin more than 35-40 pounds of boost. and i would deffinatly upgrade that tranny with a good valve body and depending on the mileage it has on it probley woulnt hurt to have it gone threw b4 it leaves u standed somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts