Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum but just looking for some input about upgrading my 00 3500 dually. My current specs are listed in my signature, but the factory trans is slipping in overdrive even on a slight grade rolling into the throttle. I am getting a Terminator trans and conv package through Valley Trans soon. My question is once the trans and converter is upgraded are there any other wothwhile engine upgrades. I am looking at keeping noise to a reasonable level and not spending a fortune.

AFE Cold air Intake
4" Downpipe

Here were my thoughts- If anyone has a different suggestion or advice from previous experience towing, NOT racing (there is a racecar inside the trailer) please let me know.

·
Registered
480 Posts
u should get a converter lock up

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I wold do (like you said once the trany is done) S&B CAI, 4" TB exhaust, FASS or AirDog LP, & a good chip/programer i.e. Edge Juce W/Attitude & call it a day. More power & better milage. What more could you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I have what I thought was suppose to be a Magnaflow 4" turbo back exhaust on it, but when I went to install it I noticed the downpipe was only 3.5" and the rest was 4". Does anybody know if there are noticable gains just changing the turbo downpipe from 3.5" to 4"?

Moparman thanks for the recomendation on the CAI I have heard good things about the S&B I had just forgot about them. I would think that would be noticable over a stock intake with K&N filter which is what I have.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
No prob man! glad I could (try to) help. Just get rid of that K&N. They dont filter good inuff for the massive amount of air these motors use. Specialy after you start modding them.

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
I'm new to the forum but just looking for some input about upgrading my 00 3500 dually. My current specs are listed in my signature, but the factory trans is slipping in overdrive even on a slight grade rolling into the throttle. I am getting a Terminator trans and conv package through Valley Trans soon. My question is once the trans and converter is upgraded are there any other wothwhile engine upgrades. I am looking at keeping noise to a reasonable level and not spending a fortune.

AFE Cold air Intake
4" Downpipe

Here were my thoughts- If anyone has a different suggestion or advice from previous experience towing, NOT racing (there is a racecar inside the trailer) please let me know.
Do you have a quality lift pump? 10-20psi at all times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have the stock lift pump on it. I can moniter fuel pressure with the edge unit. I will eventually add a pusher pump but for right now I just watch the fuel pressure and egt. I really dont hot rod the truck, I just need the power for those long uphill tows that we have around here going to various racetracks in Washinton state, Canada, and Oregon.

I think I will put a bhaf on it soon also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts