Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for asking another question guys but I am in a major dilemma. Just bought the truck in sig, next week ordering an Juice w/attitude, mp-8, and an afe stage 2 from K2, also ordering the BADP dual dpf delete. But the major dilemma is I have an understanding fiance who wants me to get a lift kit for my truck. Any one got any suggestions?

·
Registered
331 Posts
credit card................LOL. I am in the same boat. Except I did all the engine stuff. Now I am at the point I want to get the wheels/tires/flares/and leveling kit done.

I would say do the engine stuff first for sure. The dpf and egr are taking away engine longevity every time you drive it. Take off your EGR pipe one time and look at it and the soot. It will make up your mind real fast!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Sorry for asking another question guys but I am in a major dilemma. Just bought the truck in sig, next week ordering an Juice w/attitude, mp-8, and an afe stage 2 from K2, also ordering the BADP dual dpf delete. But the major dilemma is I have an understanding fiance who wants me to get a lift kit for my truck. Any one got any suggestions?
You have the best fiance ever:popcorn:

·
Registered
163 Posts
You have the best fiance ever:popcorn:
True... You are a lucky man. I tell my girlfriend-"I buy the performance stuff because I can get to your house quicker, and stay longer because I can leave later and be home at the same time" :thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I am failing to see the problem......

I agree, go with the engine mods first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have the DPF and EGR blocks on the list to order next week, The truck only has 11 miles on it so I am sure the longevity is still pretty good. As far as the tires and stuff, gonna get the lift on it then go from there. And yes I do have the best fiance ever, shes not a diesel girl has a jacked chevy gasser, and a H3 but she is all about me getting my truck looking bad.

·
Registered
190 Posts
True... You are a lucky man. I tell my girlfriend-"I buy the performance stuff because I can get to your house quicker, and stay longer because I can leave later and be home at the same time" :thumbsup

:lol3::lol3:I like that one!

No problem...do it all!:thumbsup

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
tires and wheels and other "cosmetic" stuff is nice but looking good without the backup is like putting purfume on a pig, do the performance mods first then worry about the looks. intake, exhaust, egr, chip....., egr is a must, it took me 2 hours just to clean that intake, soo much soot it made me sick, can't imagine what this is doing to our motors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i got the egr and the dpf delete comeing, AFE stage 2 intake, juice w/attitude, and mp8 coming. just got the truck, gotta mod. it

·
Registered
102 Posts
i went with 35x13.5x20 procomp's with just a leveling kit hoping the tires would clear mostly cause i tow and didn't want to lift the rear for I'll have to lift my 5th wheel camper. From my experience get at least a 4.5" lift for 35's mine rub bad on flat ground let alone in the hills. leveling kits are crap. Truck looks great just don't turn to sharp. As far as goin bigger to my surprise the superlift 6" is the best 6" out for headshake or deathwobble according to the guys at the denver 4-wheelparts. hope that helps you out a little bit.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Chrome don't get ya home! Coarse and ugly lure don't catch the big fish either:rof

1 - 11 of 11 Posts