Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning my first Cummins purchase, and test driving trucks. Test drove a manual 6.7 (2008) with 59k on it for first time today. Couple of questions:

- When decelerating with EB engaged, it seems to "hunt" a bit. The EB engages hard, then backs off some, and then engages hard again. Normal?

- Truck in question is a dealer buy-back, and repaired by Chrysler. Final issue was check engine light and no power. Repairs along the way include new turbo, new injectors, new clutch (at 12k!), new ECM (might have been just a code reflash), new front ujoint.

Final issue (check engine + no power) is warrantied for 1yr. How concerned should I be with the buy-back issue? I know the early 2007 6.7's had issues. Once these things are replaced, with current flash, do you think it is pretty much taken care of?

Thanks.

· Registered
790 Posts
Personally I would never entertain the thought of purchasing a "buy back" truck.

It is obvious that if Chrysler bought this truck back they could not fix what ever was wrong with it in the first place. I think you would just be inheriting the relentless headaches of the original problems.

The EB brake on this truck is not normal & it stongly suggests there are still on going issues with this truck that have not been fixed...my EB brake is very smooth & does not ever engage intermittingly.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I found another 2008 manual to test drive today, and its EB was very smooth in engaging. I've dispensed with the thought of buying a buyback truck also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.