Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - Spring Fair 09 Chris O 2

I was able to locate a PMT last minute to use for the pulls. I ran the 1017G programming and the MP-8 was about 85%. Everything worked great except i blew my exhaust apart on both runs, right before the muffler. You can see in the video as soon as the smoke stops coming from the stacks. Other then that the truck ran great. EGTs were up in the 1600 range, boost held steady at 60 PSI. :thumbsup:

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That one was 239 Ft i believe. The first was only 190. I ran the first run on Performance and the Second on Extreme. First pulls with the new setup so i kind of took it easy on it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Jesus, 1600!? Isn't that meltdown temp?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The grey cr truck far as well and he wasn't hanging. his truck sounded like it was stock

R

·
0 Posts
Cool vid man. Were you like wtf, when the exhaust blew apart?:confused013: Sure changed the tune a little.:hehe::hehe:

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
IT sounded much better coming through the stacks. But those turbos sound great.

How could you let the Semi show you up, whats up with that??????

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taking it sort of easy since it was the first pulls with the twins and all the rest of the goods. Later pulls should be better once i have the traction bars in place. Proper tuning should also be out. The PMT is not up to par for me at this time. The 1017g is way weaker then the old 1017cds that i was running.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Cool vid Chris. You are going to have to put a 5" TBE to the stacks now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
from the sound of it you might even be able to go up one gear higher, what gear are you pulling in now? 4low in 3rd?

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was 4lo 4th gear. I guess maybe 5th should be next. I need a little more ground speed.

I have 5" bedkit and everything on order. Thats why i wasnt too worried about it. Should be fixed in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the grey truck was in a different class, stock I believe. comp, how did the video that I shot turn out?

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks good Sam.

Yeah that other truck was a 6.7 completely stock. They set the sled up with different gearing for the different classes.

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts
That was 4lo 4th gear. I guess maybe 5th should be next. I need a little more ground speed.

I have 5" bedkit and everything on order. Thats why i wasnt too worried about it. Should be fixed in the next couple weeks.

HOLY $hite!! 4th gear in low!!:shock: I always found 3rd gear in 4-low to work the best. Your clutch must hate your freaking guts man:S::hehe: Nice pull, the truck sounds great man!!:headbang:

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not a bit of slip in the clutch. It holds like a monster.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Excellent :headbang:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
IT sounded much better coming through the stacks. But those turbos sound great.

How could you let the Semi show you up, whats up with that??????
The semi was hilarious:hehe: just didn't seem quite fair:S:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts