Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New VGT questions

1074 5
Is there a VGT turbo for the 6.7's that will allow for 1:1 drive pressures? I'm considering a new turbo. I also searched for ideas but didn't find much help. I'm going to build it more but it's down the road. Any ideas?

-Powder Keg
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
You can get a few aftermarket VGT turbos for the 6.7. The II stage 2 VGT (largest option) is priced at 2900 bucks and you get 400 back if you send them your old turbo. The stage 2 VGT has a 64mm turbine which is probably the largest that will fit after machining. You could probably see some smaller gains with the less expensive stage 1 turbo. Or you could just go for it and swap out the exhaust manifold and turbo for a non VGT turbo for similar costs but be a lot further ahead performance wise.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'm going to swap the whole thing and just put a PAC brake on. Thanks

-Powder Keg

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Have you looked at Glacier's VGT's?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet. I've just started thinking about it. I want to eliminate this dp issue.

-Powder Keg

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've been looking at VGT upgrades too...
Question: What would make the glacier stage 3 vgt with 64mm compressor and turbines better for reducing dp than the II stage 2 with 64/71's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.