Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals......I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. My name is Jason. I live in SLC, Utah. I just bought a 2003 Ram Quad Cab SLT Long Bed, Auto tranny, Cummins powered truck. After months of searching I found a super nice, low mile, zero mod truck. It only has 55,800 miles on it.

This is my second Dodge but only my first Cummins. I previously owned a 1995 Regular Cab Ram with the V10 motor. (I also had a 2002 Ford 7.3 liter Powerstroke. So, this isn't my first diesel......Just my first Cummins.)

So far I love the truck!! It has such a smooth power delivery!! And this forum is a very informative and helpful place to learn more about my truck. As luck would have it, I have a few questions to ask--

How do I tell which gears are in the rear end??

I recently saw a post with a description of blowby with a YouTube video. After driving my truck around for awhile I opened the oil fill cap and I had some stuff blowing up out of there--Not a lot, but some. Is some release of "vapor" normal when opening the oil fill cap? Or do I already have a problem with the rings??

Thanks in advance.....

Jason.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts