Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless you want great guys who know what they are doing to your rig!! :lol3:
sorry fellas, had to scare ya'll for a second. Thanks for the southern hospitality, it's the only hospitality I got up north all weekend was from ya'll, you guys got some big ole dang sidewalks too (big enough for a country boy to get turned around and run a dually up em!! err... sorry officer)
:rof
anyways, drove to Detroit to watch my nephew race in the Motorcross, a guy wrecked in front of him and wiped out trying not to hit him... but hey he did pretty good but didn't advance, it's hard to win when you lose your bike so early in the race....

but Richard and Mark, and Drew and me (I pitched in a lil bit) got a 35/40 HX hybrid turbo tossed in my truck!! It took some doing since I was nice enough to break some bolts off for them before we got started good....
but she sounds wicked!! hit 47lbs boost the first time out, then I backed it down to 35 with the elbow... the TST still pushes it past that but with just the EZ she does good!!! The whistle with the ride home was annoyingly awesome!!
I haven't given her all she's got yet, I had to know I'd make it home from Detroit LOL. But she's plumb nasty in third to 4th gear.
Also put in gauges on a tri A-pillar

Also allready had ATS exhaust manifold, and 4in down pipe... bigger lines on the VP it wont fit in my signature.

But yeah, Mark rocked out on tearing down them turbos, you'd have to be there... it was a wild day.

But that's it, sorry for rambling but I'm stoked about my new turbo set up, and gauges!!! she's running like a dream and that set-up is like a rocket when she lights :hyper:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And also thank you emett (Ram_This) for letting a guy you met on Cumminsforum, crash at your place and showing me around Detroit while we were cruising our big ol loud Cummins!!

HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN SOMETIME!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sounds good! You will be wanting twins before you know it.

Glad you got some gauges on that rig, it has gone too long without them, even before you got the truck.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll pass on the twins for a while... I'm ready for a 4bt buildup now.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like new headstuds and a modified marine gasket are in the mail.... time to start tearing down the head for machining LOL

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
richard and mark are horrable people ..... ok im a bad liar they are a awsome group of guys and they will be hlping me with another spinny thing soon. WOOT COALTRAIN!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the mean time till I get geared up ready to tear this thing apart... not today my lil Bro's tranny dropped on the way to Greenville... so that throws a kink in my Sunday afternoon, geeze I feel sorry for the guy he had such a BA truck, then he just got an old school VW van and now he's out a trans... least the ole Cummins can tow him home
It seems MY head gasket has had a piece of debris seal itself up for the meantime... so it's gonna hafta hold for one more trip, if it don't we're just gonna grab a semi and pray it don't shut down on the way.... LOL

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Not a problem BUD. Yea im going to hav to come down there sometime now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Though I haven't bought anything from Coaltrain...YET!!..I am definitely gonna be getting this parts list ready to tell Richard what I want..haha..man you talk about a great guy! How many diesel performance shop owners do you know that'll tell you to call them at 3:30 in the morning?then go on to explain everything so you can actually understand it? AND talk to you about the options and everything else for an HOUR!!!! Honestly, I know this silver truck is gonna be running Coaltrain!! Thanks Richard

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
OK let the head tearing down begin. just got started tonight.... finally I've been so busy my poor truck has been lonely in our building with nothing but a Kubota and no vehicle parts other than some small block chevy's and transmissions to keep her company.
at any rate, we worked for a couple hours (step dad and I) dang near got the head bare of all lines and brackets, so not only do we need to buy some metric tools (I've got a heavy hand so to speak....) but we need time!!! he works 7-7 swing shift, and I'm on the farmer time line of daylight to dark.... when the weather permits.

Oh well, coaltrain got the head studs to me real quick, the mod-marine gasket was damaged in shipping so I'm waiting on another, sure wish I could convert to a fuel rail while I'm in there....

Just giving everyone the good word!!! having my knuckles bleed hasn't felt so good since I built my Camaro several years ago, all that tractor mechanic work gets old!!!

PS: dang I forgot how good my truck looked, I've been driving the Camaro (it gets old having all these idiots wanna race both my vehicles!!!) but it just doesn't get those looks from people that say I'm appalled at your ridiculously overdone vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts