Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought me a New truck

Well I signed papers on a 14 2500 Laramie 4x4 prairie pearl on Friday. Picked her up sat afternoon, and that night the engine light came on. It's at the dealer today getting checked out and debadged. Pic to come it was nasty yesterday outside.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hope it get's squared away for you quickly....believe you'll love the truck.

I have the prairie pearl coat also in the longhorn trim, it's two tone with bottom part being a champagne gold color..I really like the prairie pearl coat color:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Your dealer is debadging it? Brave man.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Just noticed that part of OP's post....yeah, don't believe I'd let anyone debadge my truck but me....Believe I'd take FAR more care at not scratching it or messing it up....Dealers doing debadging, yeah, I agree...I wouldn't have it done there..

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Just noticed that part of OP's post....yeah, don't believe I'd let anyone debadge my truck but me....Believe I'd take FAR more care at not scratching it or messing it up....Dealers doing debadging, yeah, I agree...I wouldn't have it done there..
I'd let them debadge no problem. If you show up and its scratched or messed up you tell them and they fit it. If you scratch it or mess up there is nobody to blame but yourself.

Enjoy the new truck, get this little quirk fixed up and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to pick it up and they done a great job debadging in. I tried to start w remote start and it died. Got in it and service light was on. So it's there over night and they checking it out in the morning. I'm beginning to think I should have gotten the f250.

·
Registered
86 Posts
brand new vehicles - from any manufacturer - are going to have issues. It's the same as just about anything that is as complex as a truck - invariably you will have a small percentage that have something wrong, either a robot builder did something stupid, or a part wasn't quite up to quality, or whatever.

case in point - bought my wife a ford edge in 2011. She wanted a crossover type vehicle, I thought the Journey just didn't look right, she wanted this very specific color... anyway, to me it's a car, so I didn't care much in the end. But it has the whole 'Ford Sync' stereo integrated gizmodad in it. Which - for those concerned - actually does run on some form of Microsoft software I believe, because I 'blue-screened' it - just like when you crash a computer operating system.

we had trouble with that Sync system for at least the following 6 months, from just quitting and not working, to rebooting, to maintenance mode for 30 minutes or more. Really annoying.

I mean, that's not like a truck breaking down or throwing a code on you twice before 1k miles, but I've learned that with new stuff built with automation there will always be a percentage that have some form of issue. I would bet Ford and Chevy (and every other vendor) have their fair share of complaints on their new vehicles also.

the real kicker is the support for when something DOES go wrong - give me a loaner that is close to what I'm driving. Keep me updated on what's going on. fix my vehicle quickly. have competent people - don't let me be more knowledgeable than your techs on it. that kind of stuff.

if the company - whoever they are - blows the last part, every inconvenience becomes a real pain in the neck

good luck on your truck, hopefully it's some minor 'tech forgot to reset this switch' type of thing

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also had the dealership de-badge. Personally I like the look, engine light was on took to dealership and they found two stored codes P2509 ECM power intermittent and P24EE ammonia sensor. Goes on to say codes stored, erased codes test drove codes never returned.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Said my heater relay was out. It's fixed and I'm happy. I sold my accessories off my ford and going tomorrow to get bed cover, steps ( nfab black) and look at wheels and tires. I don't know if I'll stick to 18 or 20s. I know ur suppose to stay close to factory and on my ford was 6 back spacing. What are the dodges? Most wheels I see in 18 are around 5 inch backspacing. I'm looking at doing a 35 inch tire. Please help and I'll post pics tomorrow.
:party018:

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Love the color!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got 900 miles on her. Drove 120 miles and avg 17.5. On interstate it showed 21. I really like it more and more. Put nfab black bars on. Will get a pic tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
166 Posts
Burnt what you do with those original rims???

·
Registered
121 Posts
My truck has given me a few problems with the remote start but it says on the dash it was canceld and to use the key to start it and reset it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.