Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice here thinking about a new truck, my question to all the Cummins owners is do I buy a new one now or wait and get one with the urea drip tank stuff? any help would be great Thanks!

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
buy one now....................................................................... you won't regret it :)

·
Salty Squid
770 Posts
I would get a 2010 or 2011 now.

UREA is just another additive and something else to go wrong, not to mention the extra cost at every fuel up if you're towing heavy and the Cummins drinks it like the other two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone heard how long Dodge will keep the 6.7? I have heard rumors about a higher horsepower motor in the up coming years but so far all the threads I have searched haven't really listed a year.

I guess in short, I want to buy a 2011 6.7 but if there is going to be a new motor next year, then I might want to wait a few more months.

Also, has anyone heard how long Dodge wants to keep the current body style?

Thanks for any input

marty

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why wait? There is always going to be something new and different. More horsepower, options, colors, body style, and price. If you can afford it now and want one now get one now. I really like my 2010 and you don't really have to deletes if you don't want to.

Marc

·
Registered
207 Posts
Has anyone heard how long Dodge will keep the 6.7? I have heard rumors about a higher horsepower motor in the up coming years but so far all the threads I have searched haven't really listed a year.

I guess in short, I want to buy a 2011 6.7 but if there is going to be a new motor next year, then I might want to wait a few more months.

Also, has anyone heard how long Dodge wants to keep the current body style?

Thanks for any input

marty
Since they current body was brought out in 2010, I wouldn't think they will be changing it for a while.
As far as the engine, only rumors.
Even if they did change it, I'm not sure I would want to be one of the first testers.
Even with DEF, check out the problems that GM is having with that system. Although Dodge's C&C's and Fords seem to be a lot better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts