Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got a great deal on a 08 2500 with the 6.7!!! It's 4 door, electric blue, and a manual trans. Is there anything to watch out for on these, I got it with 5000 miles on it already but everything under it looked good. This truck has the towing package with the round plug on the bumper, what do I have to do to pull a trailer, just get a break controler unit? What do you guys think about lifts, I want to go to 35" tires with a 4/2 lift, but would it bee too high to get in and out of comfotably, the truck already sits high. I love this truck, I just want to drive it everywhere!!!!
What about performance upgrades, nothing overboard with programmers (dont want to mess with the waranty) but how about intake and exhaust, is Banks the best for this stuff?

Thanks for the help I know you will give,
Now Im going to go drive it again... to hear that turbo!!!:headbang:

· Registered
169 Posts
welcome to cf. Congrats on the truck, about the lift and tires you can run 35" tires with a leveling kit thats what iam going to do have the kit on but still waitin on tires. If your not wanting to mess with the warranty i wouldn't put a programmer on it. Unless you have a good dealership to go to. For the banks thats a hole nother story. I run all banks like it and it works for me but its not for everyone. iam sure you will have more comments on the warranty and banks good luck with your truck

· Registered
116 Posts
I have an S&B CAI on my truck and love it. I will be installing my edge insight on monday and other than that I am just waiting on my 36 k mile warranty to expire so I can actually make this truck run better. Right now I can fart harder than the exhaust coming out of my tail pipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.