Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just bought a new truck its a 2001 2500 quad cab 4x4 with a 6 speed. I am going to order pyro, boost and fuel pressure guages later this week. I know that these trucks are prown for lift pump failure so what should I do to fix it? I want to make this truck last and take good care of it. Im not really to clear on the problem with the lift pump and injector pump??? What else should I do to the truck? Chip? ex... and what kind?

·
Registered
325 Posts
you best bet it to tell us your goals with truck but to fix lift pump problem get an fass air dog ect and we need to know your goals to give you more options with the truck

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like it to have power but I still wouldn't mind decent mpg (16-18). I was thinking exhaust chip or tuner, cold air intake and wasnt sure if their were anyother things that I could do to it. i know the old 12 valves have some cheap upgrades that help out but im not sure if the 24 valves do? Any ideas on chips or programers and what combination? And whats a better lift pump but resonable. Im only 18. sorry for all the questions

·
On call 24/7
12,599 Posts
Get your gauges on it and go from there. Fass or Airdog are good or you can go with a Fuel Boss mechanical lift pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts