Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am going to be getting a new truck in the next couple of months and i have decided to go with a dodge. I know that i don't want the 12v but that is about it. I would like to eventually run twins and be in the 550+ RWHP area without drugs. Which is going to be the best bet for this? I know i don't want the 6.7 cus of all of the smog crap. Which is the best tranny of both the standard and the automatic? Do you really save that much money building a standard tranny to hold the power? I know that they are better for tractor pulling and millage but really hurt your 1/4 miles times. Will i have tranny problems with the auto at that power level? I assume i will with either style. I know with the Allisons, which i have built many, that they destroy themselves at the 400-450 rwhp level. So i guess in short what is the best year, motor, and tranny to start with considering a not tight but also not unlimited budget?
Thank you for any helpful information ya'll can give me.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Your going to need to build your trans if your going with that kind of power even if it was a stick.

I would get a early 24v and p-pump, get the best power that way in my opinion also not a fan of a vp44 pumps I like the p7100 pumps alot better.

Question what don't you like about the 12v? I think that they are just as good as any of them if not better.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
YES!!! I love new truck time!!! :hyper: You will definitly need to build the tranny up for that knid of power. If you just want to buy one, look into Goerend or ATS.....Great trannys. Also I think you could produce more power with a 6.7 if you take off the emissions stuff. PDI had one pushing over 600 RWHP with just a few mods & a stock tranny. The tranny still needs to be beefed though. Good luck.

:welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts