Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1998 qcsb 4x4 5 spd 24 valve with 151,000 miles on it and it seems to be a little weak on power. I ran the codes and it has none, It does have 35"s on it but it has 4.10s in it. The only mod it has is a Fass 150 on it. It doesnt run anything like my 02 when I bought it and I dont want want to spend $500 on a quadzilla if it just so happens to have something else wrong with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
lot of difference bewteen 98 and 02. the injectors are your first difference and its probably just rated at 215 or 225 horse power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
they should have the same fuel pressure 17 psi at ilde 13 to 14 under load. the 2002 you have is probably a high out put to which is 245 horse power. I would try to find a stock set of injectors out of an h/o motor and that should put you pretty close to your 2002.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed the fuel filter in it today and it helped get some of the bog out of it between gear changes but out on the highway in 5th it still is doggy getting up to 70, the fuel pressure checked out good today. Maybe it is just me being use to my old 02 auto with a couple mods and I just feel like this truck is underpowered im sure the 35's dont help much but I'm going to take it to a local cummins shop when I get a chance to see if everything is fine and if it is just me, the only reason im so worried about it is im pulling a trailer 2200 miles to relocate for the military and i dont want to worry about anything being wrong with the truck before i leave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts