Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be picking up a new Ram 3500 QC, LWB SRW. I have a B&W gooseneck hitch in my Chevy. Is that the way to go? How good are the Mopar ones?

Any preferences on floor mats, bugshields, and mudflaps?

New to the Dodge scene, so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I can't speak for the gooseneck, but I have Husky Liner's in my truck. I like the 'over the hump' piece that keeps spills from teh cup holders. Weathertech's are nice as well.

I haven't really liked the bugshields on the new Ram's. The way the hood is shaped, I can't see the $100 price tag of it providing any more protection than stock.

Mudflaps - I've seen two kinds, moulded and flat. Either can be purchased at the dealer for pretty cheap.

Check out the vendor section of Cummins forum and you'll find a ton of accessories - floormats, mudflaps, cab lights, fender flares, etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love my husky mats reason being it has an edge to hold all water the wether techs are nice b/c they go to the sill but then the water spills out there and makes a mess on the sill but not a big deal though. I also really like my back up camera. Real handy when hooking up trailers

·
Registered
273 Posts
B&W is the way to go. the only way for me

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I like the Catch-All floor mats over the Huskys. Both retain spills and such. I just don't like having a plastic floor mat under my feet.

Nifty Home

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good opinions guys!

How about a toolbox? open to opinions on brand and single lid vs. dual lid. I know the favorable brand is weatherguard, and wow they are up there in price.

·
Cummins Freak!!
623 Posts
my favorite brand of toolbox is Pro Tech they made really well and are sealed very well but kinda high in price

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
There is no better floormat then the weather techs. one of the only ones that sits over the door sils so everything runs out.. just picked up my rears today!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got the mopar molded carpet mats in mine. They are very much like the nifty catch alls. I think the price was about the same too. Dealer lost the regular mats, so I was able to get these for nothing! So far they are great.

I did the molded mud flaps. they are ok. I am a little disappointed that I had to drill a couple holes for each to mount. Oh well, they fit decent at least.

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
Congrats on the truck!

• B&W
  • Husky Liners
  • Mopar bug guard looks the best I think, Im sure they can throw one on for you for free.
  • Dodge mudflaps (not the molded ones... just for the fact that if you ever decide to take them off they might chaff the paint around the edges)
  • weather guard, Adrian Steel, K&W All three are great brands... you get what you pay for in my book!
.02 Ian

·
Registered
236 Posts
i have the mopar rubber floor mats like all the rest husky etc i love mine they have the dodge emblem and they work great love them snow mud etc works great and looks awsome i have a mega cab and the back one is awsome

·
Registered
273 Posts
weathertech floor mats and I agree 100% on the protech toolboxes. they have held up better than any others i have tried. i have 4 trucks and about 350,000miles on mine right now. still performs as good as the day i bought it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts