Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm debating whether I should just get a new goerend transmission or if I should save a little money and buy a billet TC, high pressure VB and maybe a billet input shaft all from goerend. I've also looked at ATS. I'll have a transmission shop do the work so I don't have to worry about screwing anything up. The one that's in the truck in there now shifts decent but has 160K+ miles on it. When I tow it shifts really hard but does fine when empty. I don't think I'll tune the truck up anymore, maybe a set of 50HP SDX injectors and a 4K GSK and a 60LB spring kit and 16* timing, all for mileage. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it's imput in the title, it should be input. Mistype! :doh:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not set on anything really, I've just heard Goerend is cheap for the product. I'm open to anything that ain't gonna break the bank and keep me on the road problem-free! :party018:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
subscribed as this exactly what im wondering about right now to!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I'm not set on anything really, I've just heard Goerend is cheap for the product. I'm open to anything that ain't gonna break the bank and keep me on the road problem-free! :party018:
not really cheap. DTT offers their valve body kit plus band strut and anchor for 315 shipped, plus 635 or so for the single disk converter

jkidd sells the billet inputs for 650

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not really cheap. DTT offers their valve body kit plus band strut and anchor for 315 shipped, plus 635 or so for the single disk converter

jkidd sells the billet inputs for 650
Do you think the stock input will work with the DTT valve body and single disk tq or is there a big risk of it snapping?

·
Cummins Crazy
2,317 Posts
jtheado,

I agree you need to talk to Dave directly with your future mods. Dave will ONLY sell you what you need.
My race tranny is still the same one he built many years ago. We have changed the converter for a better stall since. Its run a couple of 11's weighing nearly 7,000 pounds.
WAYNES WORLD

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Do you think the stock input will work with the DTT valve body and single disk tq or is there a big risk of it snapping?
talk to dtt, but you should be fine. stock input seems to break between 400-500 hp :confused013:

Nice part about dtt is the valve body is custom built to your specs :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Don't fix something that isn't broke. Do a tranny service and figure condition. Adjust bands, new fluid and filter. If magnet looks like chocolate Krispy Kreem donut, it time for futher repairs.
The Torque converter, VB upgrade and freshen tranny will get job done. Improve KD servo and HD link, Improved band is necessary also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts