Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i went down to Scheid tadday and picked up my truck they just put a brand new stage 5 ATS tranny, i got in and drove home about 40 miles, no problems, i got to town and went to the bank i come back out and go to leave adn it wont shift out of first gear!! So i call back down there and they tell me to let it sit for a couple hours and try driven it so i do and it runs fine. For about 30 miniutes of in town driven then the same thing again any ideas?

·
Banned
393 Posts
If it is an ATS tranny, i would just call ATS to see what it could be. I hear the customer service there is very good, as well as experienced with trouble shooting. Not that they can fix it over the phone, but maybe give you some insight to what it could be, then demand to have Scheid fix it. Hope that helps

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
drive it right back to the tranny shop and let them figure it out ?
sounds like the torque converter isnt getting sufficient fluid .

·
Banned
393 Posts
Sorry i cant help more, but i no very little about Automatics, im a manual guy.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Come to think of it he's right on the money...a friends truck did the same thing to us coming back from a rodeo after he had it rebuilt. We had to drag a 32 foot horse trailer 212miles going 35 MPH. It was the torque converter

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
id say check the ATF

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The Atf Is Good, Ats Said Something About A Sensor In The Valve Body, Or One That They Called A Tail Shaft Sensor? BTW THAYE INSTALLED IT A SCHEID

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
let them dick with it. assuming u payed over 8 grand for that tranny i would have them figure it out all on thier own. i would not stand for that dude

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well found out what the deal was when ats assembled the vb they didnt debur some parts causing the va;ve to stick, so it shifts out of 1st at 31 mph, they are next dayn a new VB

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
well found out what the deal was when ats assembled the vb they didnt debur some parts causing the va;ve to stick, so it shifts out of 1st at 31 mph, they are next dayn a new VB
Glad you got it resolved. Gratz on the new tranny BTW!! :beer

·
Registered
962 Posts
I hope they take make right on this. What was the cost installed? Give us a update also when it is fixed.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YEAH THEY ARE MAKN IT RIGHT THEY ARE GONA GET HER ALL WRAPPED UP FRIDAY MORNIN, oH IT WAS $6450 INSTALEED AND OUT THE DOOR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts