Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will be going this weekend to pick my truck up from the performance shop, I had my tranny fully built with billet everything (input, output, intermediate shaft and flexplate). The triple disk converter and VB came from Goerend and I had it finished off with a double deep pan. I can't wait to see if it made a difference in the truck. I'll let you guys know how I like it. :party018:

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
You aren't going to know what to do!!!! The truck will feel 100 times more solid. Turn that smarty up too!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I will, I'm in the process of saving for some gauges and a Sr.

·
Registered
921 Posts
CONGRATS! You are going to be one happy camper. Your trans will shift like a champ. Very postitive.... And you can drive your truck any way you want not worrying if you are going to break anything.... The best feeling in the world!:thumbsup: Please keep us posted:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Congrats it's a night and day difference from stock.. You will love the feeling of beig able to feel each gear catch.

Also im sure the guys will tell you but, for peace of mind, drive it for about 5 miles, hop out and check for fluid and to see if all bolts are tight and what not. When I finished mine I did this and noticed a plug was not plugged in.

Again congrats on the new trans it's goin to be great ;)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the replies, I can't wait to get it back.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well all I can say is WOW, I love it, this is how a truck should feel. Went it shifts it shifts. It feels great to be able to hit the go pedal when you need to and don't have to worry about your tranny. The only concern I have is sometimes under moderate to heavy throttle from a stop it makes my turbo bark when it shifts from 3rd to 4th.

·
Registered
329 Posts
mine barks at certain heavy throttle when it hits 4th as well...haha
only thing that bothers me at times is under light throttle, it shifts from 2nd to 3rd real quick, and if you give it anymore throttle it will kick down again...but when it stays in 3rd the trans temp builds quick, so i manually put it in 2nd at times

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine barks at certain heavy throttle when it hits 4th as well...haha
only thing that bothers me at times is under light throttle, it shifts from 2nd to 3rd real quick, and if you give it anymore throttle it will kick down again...but when it stays in 3rd the trans temp builds quick, so i manually put it in 2nd at times
Mine will do the same thing, but I'm fine with it, its so much more fun to drive. Just a question but how does yours do while towing?

·
Registered
329 Posts
mine really shines when towing....the shifts are beautiful. When i had mine built i told him i didnt want neck snapping shifts while driving normal but wanted nice firm shifts, and he hit the nail on the head with what he chose. She sometimes will slam into a gear hard, but when i towed 7k, it shifted so smooth i couldnt believe it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts