Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i ordered my 5 in dpf delete kit from PDI, edge jucie/w attitude, mp-8, and egr block off plates.

my question is what are safe levels to run the programmers stacked? will my tranny hold this power?

any other input/advice you guys can offer about this set up would be greatly appreciated. im very new to the diesel world and am certainly not a mechanic so im trying to absorb as much as i can from you guys.

thanks
J-Mo

p.s. i ordered almost everything from kevin at K2DieselPerformance. very quick to all my questions. make sure to consider them when making your next purchase

·
UNDERCONSTRUCTION
1,333 Posts
Im not so sure about the new 6spd autos, but with the 4spd autos in the older trucks and even in the 3rd gens 03-07. They can't hold much more than 80hp extra for a long period of time. Im willing to bet its about the same deal with these as well hopefully someone will come in and prove me worng.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im not so sure about the new 6spd autos, but with the 4spd autos in the older trucks and even in the 3rd gens 03-07. They can't hold much more than 80hp extra for a long period of time. Im willing to bet its about the same deal with these as well hopefully someone will come in and prove me worng.
i am actually impressed with the 6spd autos i believe it can hold 150 hp or so before you should worry about the tranny, however i just pulled that number out of my butt because i was too lazy to actually look the number up

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha well thanks for the guess anyway.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Your stock auto will be fine with that setup as long as you are not doing 4wd Launches. I have heard trannys breaking after 1 launch. For a daily driver and a few occasional kills you will be alright. Though its always good to consider the upgrades for the future because its hard not to "use" that power.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks compcowboy. what upgrades would you recommend for the future? t/c? what kind?

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
yeah you should be fine with the auto 6spd. I've ran my truck with both boxes turned up and the tranny does just fine. I only wish it shifted harder and faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts