Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then on Saturday I built a pedistal for the camper to sit on. It needed to be off the trailer deck by about 8" to clear the exhaust or so I thought.

Not pretty but it does what I want/need.

And my helper taking a break.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then on Sunday I went down to where the camper was being stored. I had a plan and for once stuff worked the way I wanted it to. The front jacks had the swingouts for a dually truck. They JUST cleared the fenders.

The rear how ever would not fit so I removed the jacks and used a floor jack with a old railroad tie and rolled that on the trailer. I even worked and the camper didn't fall over.!!

So nosed it forward and set it on the platform I had built. It worked out great!! I was just amazed at how well it worked.

Got it home and realized that the front drivers side jack was in the way of the landing gear crank.

So off the the front jacks. Don't need them anyhow the rears stablize it fine. Look at that back porch!!

And when it is all said and done I still got all kinds of room for my Jeep and Harley.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
Nice Trailer! Noticed the Purple Heart too :thumbsup

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
Now you gotta fill in the space where the bed sides would go with tool boxes for storage!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Nice!! I never would have thought of that. The perfect solution to the problem of how not to have to haul the camper around all the time and have room for your toys.:thumbsup

·
Registered
568 Posts
looks good

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all,
Yes some storage compartments are in the plans. I first want to get a freash water tank and a waste water tank mounted to help extend my dry camping time. The camper weighs 3,000lbs dry and about 4,000 loaded. Will get some weights in two weeks when I head to Moab.

Rick
PS: Thanks to everyone for my service.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That looks awesome man! :thumbsup Nice work! Looking forward to seeing pics of the toys loaded on it as well :beer

·
Registered
833 Posts
That definitely brings tears to my eyes...Beeeeoootiful man!!

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok everyone asked to see the Jeep on the trailer. Now I am going to look into getting a rail or at least a wheel chock for the bike before I try loading it.

So here it is just sitting on the trailer.

The truck is sitting pretty level so I am going to see how it handles without the air bags.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Now you just need to build some custom boxes and skirting to fill under the sides of the camper. Looks like there will be some fun times this summer!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sweet set up!!! Thanks for your service!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
327 Posts
Now you just need to build some custom boxes and skirting to fill under the sides of the camper. Looks like there will be some fun times this summer!!
x2 for the boxes, it would just be too much of a perfect fit. Great set up too:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
That looks like a perfectly balanced setup. Good job. By the pics your not the only who gets to enjoy your hard work. Play safe and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts