Then on Sunday I went down to where the camper was being stored. I had a plan and for once stuff worked the way I wanted it to. The front jacks had the swingouts for a dually truck. They JUST cleared the fenders.
The rear how ever would not fit so I removed the jacks and used a floor jack with a old railroad tie and rolled that on the trailer. I even worked and the camper didn't fall over.!!
So nosed it forward and set it on the platform I had built. It worked out great!! I was just amazed at how well it worked.
Got it home and realized that the front drivers side jack was in the way of the landing gear crank.
So off the the front jacks. Don't need them anyhow the rears stablize it fine. Look at that back porch!!
And when it is all said and done I still got all kinds of room for my Jeep and Harley.
Yes some storage compartments are in the plans. I first want to get a freash water tank and a waste water tank mounted to help extend my dry camping time. The camper weighs 3,000lbs dry and about 4,000 loaded. Will get some weights in two weeks when I head to Moab.
A forum community dedicated to Dodge Cummins Diesel truck owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, drivetrain swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!