Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

new to this site

458 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  smokin texas goat
sorry if this sounds dumb, bu tim new to this site but not to owning a cummins. im on my second one and i see alot of you guys talking about this smoke switch what exactly is that, and which chip works the best with the 2000 year model cummins? i have a 98.5 cummins with a edge pro comp box i think and it worked great. anny suggestions?

-labubba
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
A smoke switch is just a switch that you hook up to the map sensor wires that fools the motor into thinking that there is no boost when you have boost, it just dumps more fuel and makes er smoke.

As far as the Chip, I would look at ur motor block and see if you have a 53 block or not. If you dont have the 53 block i would either put a Edge Juice with Attitude on it or a Quadzilla Adrenaline with Pulse.

· Hemi
13,184 Posts
Hey smokin it fools it to think it has full boost when it has none.
Don't worry about a 53 block very few have cracked.
I would go with the Quadzilla Adrenaline. It's the best box on the market right now. Make sure you have a good lift pump though.

· Registered
274 Posts
Hey smokin it fools it to think it has full boost when it has none.
Don't worry about a 53 block very few have cracked.
I would go with the Quadzilla Adrenaline. It's the best box on the market right now. Make sure you have a good lift pump though.
Ya some do though because mine cracked.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quadzilla? my buddy had one of them on his 06 and it threw all kinds of codes and made it running really wierd in the winter. but maybe it was because they were new at that time, im gonna look on ebay for one. i do need to check they lift pump i havent dont that yet. what should the psi be on it? so the smoke switch doesnt make any power just smoke??

· Registered
274 Posts
quadzilla? my buddy had one of them on his 06 and it threw all kinds of codes and made it running really wierd in the winter. but maybe it was because they were new at that time, im gonna look on ebay for one. i do need to check they lift pump i havent dont that yet. what should the psi be on it? so the smoke switch doesnt make any power just smoke??
The smoke switch will add a little low end fueling, but its just mainly there to smoke.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well how do you wire up the smoke switch?

· Registered
274 Posts
Search it on the site, there are some good links that will show you some pics on how to do it. You can also youtube it, theres two different videos on how to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.