Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am looking into purchasing a new Resistol. I have been a GM man all of my life and currently have a 04 2500HD Chevy w/Duramax. While I haven't been dis-pleased I need to move up to the dually for work (I own a tire store) as well as the new toy hauler (Raptor 3712TS). One of my best customers is a Dodge dealer. I have never been against Dodge at all....really. I just grew up on the dark side I guess.:lol3:

I have really two main questions...

First, is the package really worth it for what I get?? It lists for $59k. I have it down to about $40k with the trade in of my truck.

Second, I have truly read a lot of posts but I haven't been able to tell about the average MPG of this setup. It has 410's. I know that nailing this down is difficullt but would like to hear from some that have owned or know of any that own one currently. I do have to drive empty more than I would like due to Sales calls, etc.

Again, I really like the forum and am looking forward to the new truck....depending on the input I get that is!!! HAHA!!:hyper:

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
'08 with the 6.7L? Also, what tranny is in it? And last, what are your plans for it power wise?

Zach

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
HI
3,440 Posts
:welcome::welcome: in my opinion i think it is over priced. the 6.7's are averaging around 14mpg with the dpf and egr in place. i have heard 20mpg with the egr and dpf delete kits but that could run you around $1500 or so as im told maybe more maybe less.
as for power the 6.7's stock are hard to beat for towing. in fact any cummins is hard to beat for towing.
i would go with a laramie edition ram 3500 drw. the price on those are alittle more reasonable and you get basicly the same truck just for about $6,000 less. just my $.02

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
As far as the towing goes...As tuffguy sayd...you cant beat a Cummins with a stick. I pull a 36' Cardinal with 3 slides and it pulles it with no problems. I haven't done much research about the 6.7L...In my opinion, its are a brand new engine and they need time to get the "bugs" worked out. The 5.9L is a tryd and true and proven engine. Dodge doesn't have the interior and comfortability that a Chevy does....But anyway, you wont be disappointed with a Cummins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'08 with the 6.7L? Also, what tranny is in it? And last, what are your plans for it power wise?

Zach
Yes.....the '08 with the 6.7. Well, I would like for it be at least equal to my Dmax that I have now.....from all indications that is not an issue.

One mentioned the comfort was better in the Chevy. Well, honestly one of the things that I liked about the new Dodges is the interior versus the new Chevy's. The ones that I have looked at just felt "cheap"...well everything bu the 55k price tag!!!

I really appreciate all of the replies!!!:woot:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts