Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i left one site to join this one, the other one was to clicky,if you know what i mean,i just got my h+s egr delete and pipe,with the smarty jr me,can anyone tell me the best procedure to installing it,i know i have to install smarty before i do deletes,how hard is it to delete egr? and how long will it take me,im average mechanicly.any advice would be appreciated,and glad to be on this site,thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
hi i left one site to join this one, the other one was to clicky,if you know what i mean,i just got my h+s egr delete and pipe,with the smarty jr me,can anyone tell me the best procedure to installing it,i know i have to install smarty before i do deletes,how hard is it to delete egr? and how long will it take me,im average mechanicly.any advice would be appreciated,and glad to be on this site,thanks
EGR delete is a piece of cake. Cooler is a bit more problematic, but not to hard. You can install everything, all at once. No particular order. Just make sure that you load the Smarty after everything is installed.
P.S. The grammar Police will be after you.:hehe:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Man i just did my Egr delet today after work and it did not take me long at i would say 30 to 45 if you are taking your time. The only thing i took my time on was the bottom screws under the egr accuator, go slow they are tight and u might strip one of them. Other wis piece of cake..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well on the deletes the egr motor its cake like he said but I found the cooler it's easiest to remove the back 2 nuts first and to get to the one closest to the cable cover is use a curved wrench on it if you have one makes it 10 times easier to get to the front 2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well on the deletes the egr motor its cake like he said but I found the cooler it's easiest to remove the back 2 nuts first and to get to the one closest to the cable cover is use a curved wrench on it if you have one makes it 10 times easier to get to the front 2
thanks for the input guys,i am going to do delete on monday.i will let you know how it goes thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts