Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Code P0037 Help

Hey Guys,

I got a 2007.5 2500 quadcab 2500 with the 6.7L. The truck has 109900 miles on it and runs great. The truck has a FLO-PRO DPF delete chip. I keep getting a P0037 code off the MIL. I know its "P0037-O2 Sensor 1/2 Heater Circuit Low". Can anyone give me the scoop on this code and how to get the MIL light off.

I have searched and searched but can't find any further info as to what P0037 is.

Thanks,

Chili_p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone with an idea or direction for me to look?

·
THE OX
821 Posts
P0039...will not go away

code P0037

Here are a couple of other threads to look into. Most people are running tuners never get this code but it could be that the sensor is bad. Since the truck is running a simulator for the DPF it still reads o2 sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
devinoxford,

Thank you!

So if I am getting my education together right :confused013:. A tuner like a Smarty JR or something similar would fully delete the DPF from the on-board computer?

I have never used a tuner before and am not looking to make a Hot Rod out of my truck. I just hate the stupid MIL (Check Engine) light to be on. :banghead:

Reactions: devinoxford

·
THE OX
821 Posts
devinoxford,

Thank you!

So if I am getting my education together right :confused013:. A tuner like a Smarty JR or something similar would fully delete the DPF from the on-board computer?

I have never used a tuner before and am not looking to make a Hot Rod out of my truck. I just hate the stupid MIL (Check Engine) light to be on. :banghead:
Yes H&S Performance or Smatry will delete the DPF and The EGR. go ahead and delete the EGR also and it will get better fuel milage. You can just unplufg the EGR for now and delete it later because even unplugged it will soot up the motor pretty bad. Without a tuner even unplugging the EGR will throw a Check Engine Light, but you can see up to 3MPG gain.

Here is a place to look at tuners Rollin Smoke Diesel once here scroll down to the programmers/modules and look into the smarty/H&S.

Since your problem is the o2 sensor you could just replace it since it would be cheaper. Or go with a tuner to gain MPGS and Power. My preference is H&S just because there is so much other stuff it can do like Disable seat-belt minder(nice if your on a farm and drive from house to barn you don't have to listen to it ding), can change tire size so that speedometer reads right, enable high idle, enable daytime running light, enable fogs with high beams. I saved up and went with the minimaxx because it is shift on the fly tuning.

Reactions: chili_p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again, looks like I have some money to save up for a new truck toy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts