Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my 2013 tomorrow haven’t seen in person just via text email. I’ve noticed it is lifted and has EGR delete. I’m wanting to do a turbo back exhaust and intake a lot of systems I see are from DPF back.

New to diesels but since it’s got the EGR deleted don’t they usually tune them. If it HAS been tuned and doesn’t have tuner can I get my own AND retune on these computers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
These are things that should be researched
before you buy the vehicle.

Reactions: 7492 and krashDH

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are things that should be researched
before you buy the vehicle.
Haven’t signed paperwork yet so yes I am researching….

Thanks for the help anyways…if it doesn’t have a tuner from previous owner can I use a new one and re-tune the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
If the owner doesn't have the tuner , info on the tune that he downloaded, and the stock tune, walk away. Also, if the tune was custom and the tuner ( the human kind) isn’t still readily available to talk to, walk away. Too many tuners and their associated hardware are no longer available which leaves you up the creek at the first hiccup from your “ New” truck.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
14,171 Posts
And if you want to retune it you will find 99% of the reputable tuners are no longer around. I wouldn't touch a deleted truck personally, i'd walk long and hard away from the deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts