Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!! So I went and picked up an 07 quad cab 4x4 w/ the auto and it is awesome!!!. I can't believe I ever drove a gasser. This forum is awesome but I have a question. Is there anywhere on here a noob can get a good understanding of what you gurus are talking about!!!???? What maint do I need to perform?? What is a CEL code? I have searched around and can only find bits a pieces. Are there any threads anyone knows about that explains some of these things??? It took me 2 days to figure out what and where the DPF was:banghead:. Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Hey all!!! So I went and picked up an 07 quad cab 4x4 w/ the auto and it is awesome!!!. I can't believe I ever drove a gasser. This forum is awesome but I have a question. Is there anywhere on here a noob can get a good understanding of what you gurus are talking about!!!???? What maint do I need to perform?? What is a CEL code? I have searched around and can only find bits a pieces. Are there any threads anyone knows about that explains some of these things??? It took me 2 days to figure out what and where the DPF was:banghead:. Any help appreciated.
There is a lot of good info in this thread:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/72128-6-7s-everyone-read-before-posting.html

Don't hesitate to ask questions. We're all here to help:thumbsup:

:welcome:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I knew it was gonna be right in front of my face :lol4: .... I tell ya I dont know how I would survive w/o forums!
:lol4::hehe:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
If i leave my exhaust brake on all the time does that impede my turbo spooling up or does it only switch to exhaust under deceleration?
It won't have any effect on spool-up; I drive with mine on all the time. It only 'engages' when you take your foot off the throttle above a certain rpm.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It won't have any effect on spool-up; I drive with mine on all the time. It only 'engages' when you take your foot off the throttle above a certain rpm.
K2 when running one of your dpf delete kits and egr block off kits will i be getting any check engine light or anything like that? I would also assume making these changes voids any warranty?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
K2 when running one of your dpf delete kits and egr block off kits will i be getting any check engine light or anything like that? I would also assume making these changes voids any warranty?
If you use the XRT to go with the dpf/egr deletes, then you will not have any CEL's. Yes, you will more than likely void your warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts