Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just got my edge with attatude and I had a mil on with code p1451 I use the edge to clear on start up but it will not clear the code .Should I get my hands on a star scan and clear it then the edge will keep it cleared?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Are you clearing the codes on start up with the ignition key clicked twice and once the codes are cleared starting the truck without turning the key back off? If you start the truck before the edge says the codes are cleared it wont rid you of your dash light. Also if you clear the codes and then turn the key off you have to clear codes again as soon as you turn your key on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I'm clearing the codes in the ignition on in the run position ,engine not running, then starting it.It clears all other codes but this one.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's an evap code, kinda random, but make sure your gas (diesel lol) cap is screwed on tight. maybe?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Check all the connections on the wiring harness and even connections that you didn't touch you may have knocked one loose. When I installed my edge I knocked a wire loose and I couldn't get (egr circite) code to go away for a few days so I went under the hood and checked everything that I was even close to a found that I knocked loose the egr connection loose

Good luck,
Robert

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a evap code it's a dpf preformance code but I have not dpf on the truck . It sets the code before start up how does it know if the filter is missing with out the truck running?I have checked all the conections also.

·
Registered
343 Posts
im getting the same code airplane but sometime it will clear other times it wont i have said the heck with it until the code free kit comes out

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it cause the truck to go into limp in mode?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts