Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2011 Outdoorsman Ram 2500. Loving the truck but need some help. Have less than 300 miles on it and after driving it a distance have begin to notice a smell familiar to breaks being applied. Any clues? Doesn't seem this should be normal; am gonna give it another few days then take it in if it persist.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
is it like a burning type smell? if so its probably from the regen process. i noticed it a few times before i delete all the emissions crap.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
give it a few more miles, Bud. it's new. the burning smell is the regen process. also run your EB all the time! keeps the veins in the turbo from sticking, if you are gonna keep it stock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
regen huh? yeah was a little worried by the smell because it definitely smells like something is burnig. will give it a bit longer if you guys say this is normal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its normal, Mine is a few months old and did it until I removed my DPF. Yours will change after some miles. At first I though it was on fire or melting badly

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
Regen for sure. The exhaust heats up to about 1100' when this happens so theres your burning smell

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how long can i expect this to continue? Aside from the odor I have to say I am truly loving this truck!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The smell or the regeneration process?

Smell? Who knows.

Regeneration? Life of the vehicle unless deleted.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I would say it's oils on the exhaust and motor burning off from assembly process, and/or DPF....... much like mine smelled!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Might not hurt to do a search and study up on the regen/regeneration process if you are not familiar. It helped me to know a little better what was going on.

Marc

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
New shoes

New rims and tires XD DIESEL with nitto trail 295's wow does the truck ride better than with the BFG AT's :confused013:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Not sure how my last post wound up here it was supposed to go in the 2010 thread mods if you dont mind moving it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts