Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first diesel a 2005 6spd 4x4:woot: Iam completly new to this stuff so are there any Do's and Dont's to these trucks. By the way this forum rocks!

·
HI
3,440 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome: drive it like you stole it and it will be just fine.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
try not to get the truck to high boost , then let'n off the throttle quick. it can and will cause damage to the turbo sooner or later(turbo bark, no good)

If and when you decide to wOt it up, just slowly let off the throttle so the turbo doesn't bark.

oh yeah have fun with it. you got a great truck. well actually a great engine, and ok truck. this truck will fall apart before the cummins does.

good luck.

oh yeah if you have the plastic intercooler end caps....remove those and upgrade, please.:thumbsup

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome: drive it like you stole it and it will be just fine.
well if i drive something like i stole it, i'd be driving like an old grandma low and slow, so drive it in between like you stole it and it's a rental car. ohh and :welcome:

·
HI
3,440 Posts
well if i drive something like i stole it, i'd be driving like an old grandma low and slow, so drive it in between like you stole it and it's a rental car. ohh and :welcome:
:lol3::lol3: true :ah:

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
well if i drive something like i stole it, i'd be driving like an old grandma low and slow, so drive it in between like you stole it and it's a rental car. ohh and

true
you guys are funny.....:rof:lol3::rof:lol3::rof:lol3:

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
you guys are funny.....:rof:lol3::rof:lol3::rof:lol3:
yeah some of us have to be to make up for a couple moderators and this old fart gy, from what i hear he can be a big pain, and worst of yet he lives in michigan:rof:rof:lol3::lol3:

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
:welcome::welcome: Welcome

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drive it like i stole it :rof:rof Iam laughing my @ss off because my old truck 89 Toyota just got stolen last Saturday and burned guess they wernt the grama type:lol3:. I wont be stealing anything thats half the reason i have a new truck now kinda speed ed up the process minor loss and great gain. thanks for the comments any other tips or anything or just drive it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
drive it, enjoy it, mod it and learn as much as you can about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts