Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , Being relativley new to diesel trucks (06 Dodge 2500 5.9 4x4 4 door) and loving it , maybe someone can point me in the direction for answers, 1st the only mod on my truck is a K&N filter in the stock airbox.. I'm getting 25 mpg on the hiway and approx 23 around town.. this is great considering my gas , 03 1500 4x4 got 15 & 12 Being that diesel will probably reach $5.00 per gal within a week up here , what are some proven engine mods that I can do to increase milage?
I see ads for everything that claims better mileage, ppower etc.. but what really works? I'm in the propane business(20 years) so I have access to many differnt fuel delivery devices for LP, I've heard that adding LP increases Mileage, Power etc..is this true? also do any of you run more than 5% bio as that is what is stated on the Cummins web site.. I got a million questions so a point in the right direction is appreciated.. thanks for everyones time
Tony

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
if your getting 22 city 25 hwy your doing better than anyone else. is that from the overhead meter or math. i got a increase in mpg when i went from a K&N drop in to a aem brute force hd. propane will increase mpg and lower egt's. a free flowing exhaust should also help

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
You came to the right place. There is a ton of good information on this forum, just look around and you will find the answer to all of your questions...several times over. As for mileage, what you are getting now is great for a 3/4 ton diesel

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
that economy is realy good but a real CAI and free flowing exhaust will help more

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Just thought about this, are your mileage numbers hand calculated or the ones the overhead computer are showing? If it is the computer it is more than likely incorrect. You need to hand calculate to be accurate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts