Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly happens to the fuel in a diesel to get it into the injector. I hear cp3 lift pump... all that but can someone give me some insight or a link to do some readin on the cummins fuel delivery. Whats a cp3 and exactly what is a lift pump. I know ur supposed to change the spark plugs every 20000 miles but other than that i got nothing? hahaha just kiddin i know how the engine works just not the fuel delivery system.

Thanks,
Derek

·
Banned
5,586 Posts
The lift pump sends fuel to the CP3 which supercompresses the fuel into the fuel rail. The injectors open at specific times in the injection sequence and the fuel is fired into the engine at upwards of 20,000 PSI at times. This is a very basic explanation to get you started. And, there are no spark plugs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the record

the spark plug thing was a joke!:hehe: I know they have no spark plugs but i just wasnt clear on the fuel delivery. Hearing about pp capping their fuel rail. What advantage does this have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.