Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, and I have a few questions.

First of all, I am in the market for a new HD truck. My experience is heavily involved with Chevy`s and I`ve researched everything there is to know about the truck. Its a great truck (2011) but they are having a lot of problems with the DEF right now, and I suspect the bugs will not be worked out for a couple of years.

What drew me towards Dodge, is the lack of DEF and the ride. I test drove a 2500 Cummins and I`m very impressed.

So, here are my questions, if anyone someone can give me their best repsonse I would very much appreciated.

- I know that Cummins is a great motor, but I`ve heard the Dodges are having problems with their trannies. Duramax is an exellent transmission, how does Dodge`s tranny compare

- GMs are getting average of 15-18 MPG, and many articles (independent testers) have proved that Chevy`s are superior on MPGs. What kind of mileage can I expect from the 6.7

- Is Dodge due to upgrade power ratings for their next diesel redesign, or will this engine be here for a while

- I saw the `Longhorn` edition of the 1500 RAM ... that is one awesome interior. I tried searching for the HD version and it seems that the interior is not much different from the Regular truck. Is this the case or am I missing something

Thanks for the responses,
Regards,
Andy

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just had to make the GM vs Dodge decision in November.
I wanted a manual tranny, so this was one of the things that pushed me to Dodge as GM doesn't offer one.
I was concerned about the MPG issue. My actual hand calculated MPG on a 600 mile trip right from the dealer lot was 15.4 - 15.9.
I had read how great the MPG was on the GM, but if you browse their forums, you will see that many get what we're getting.
And the DEF problem seems to be a big concern. You will find plenty of posts on their forums about this issue.
I just read one that a guy on a hunting television show (I can't recall the shows name) had it happen while they were taping the show and I guess he said something about it on the show.
You can get a bad one with any of the big 3, but I felt safest with the Dodge. So far so happy!
Good luck!

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, and I have a few questions.

First of all, I am in the market for a new HD truck. My experience is heavily involved with Chevy`s and I`ve researched everything there is to know about the truck. Its a great truck (2011) but they are having a lot of problems with the DEF right now, and I suspect the bugs will not be worked out for a couple of years.

What drew me towards Dodge, is the lack of DEF and the ride. I test drove a 2500 Cummins and I`m very impressed.

So, here are my questions, if anyone someone can give me their best repsonse I would very much appreciated.

Thanks for the responses,
Regards,
Andy
- I know that Cummins is a great motor, but I`ve heard the Dodges are having problems with their trannies. Duramax is an exellent transmission, how does Dodge`s tranny compare

The new Auto is near equal to the Allison, until you add over 100hp then you are on borrowed time.

- GMs are getting average of 15-18 MPG, and many articles (independent testers) have proved that Chevy`s are superior on MPGs. What kind of mileage can I expect from the 6.7

I would say in stock config the dodge avgs about 1mpg less than the range above.

- Is Dodge due to upgrade power ratings for their next diesel redesign, or will this engine be here for a while

Dunno this topic is in rumorville currently.

- I saw the `Longhorn` edition of the 1500 RAM ... that is one awesome interior. I tried searching for the HD version and it seems that the interior is not much different from the Regular truck. Is this the case or am I missing something

i would say that you just need to wait a lil'bit and the HD LongHorn will be at the showrooms

·
Registered
207 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts