Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its probably been beaten to death...... I love my Toyo 35's however with mostly highway travel the- 32000 miles has left my tires completely bald and not a very good value. I need new tires yesterday. Any thoughts on good set of 35 inch all purpose that will last a bit longer and add to better fuel economy?

·
Cummins Nut
340 Posts
32k on mt's I'm assuming, that's pretty good. I've heard good things about the at's

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Excellent durability reviews on the Nitto Duragrapplers. If you don't mind going down an inch the 285-75-17's would work well for you. The milder tread pattern combined with a lighter,slightly smaller tire would be a lot cheaper to run.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a set of 37 inch nitro terra grapplers. I have nearly 65000 miles on them. They do need to be replaced now, but I never in a million years expected to get more than 40 on them. I do tow heavy with them too. I had a set of 35s as well, and got about 55k out of them. Great value on discounttiredirect.com too

·
Registered
2010 LB MiniMaxx, 625s, Fass 150
870 Posts
I'm in the same boat, loved the toyos, but the cost per mile is waaaay too low! I have searched and researched and have finally decided on the cooper AT3, it has a load index of 121 (3195 lbs) along with an S (112 mph) speed rating, which is my favorite part. They also have a 55,000 mile warranty, granted that is only a pro-rating, but still better than nothing.
I have a 350 mile commute to work that I have to make 6 times a month, in the winter there is a 100 mile strech of hwy that is not mantained at night, which is when I travel, I need a tire able to bust through drifts, and still have good manners and wear during the summer months. I will be buying a set of 315/70/17 in about 3-4 weeks.
I used to just run the toyos in the winter and put the stockers back on when it warms up. But I hate having to switch let alone how bad she looks with stockers on.
Check them out, CooperTiresConsumer - Discoverer A/T3<span class='trademark'></span>

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a set of 325/65R18 Fierce Attitude MT's on my truck and I love them.

So far got about 15,000 KM on them and you can barely see any wear on them. Ride awesome, and the road noise is minimal.

I'd take a look at those.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the AT3's and love them. I'd recommend them. So far they have been excellent in everything I've had them in. They are a good value and look great also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts