Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I threw on some procomp xterrains today....amazing what a new set of rubber will do for the looks of the truck.

anyway..while you CAN pump 60psi into the fronts of those...it'd ride like they were cinderblocks.

Any way to either get rid of the warning light...or reset it so it thinks 45psi is acceptable?

heh...what an awfully small file limit on attachments.

·
Registered
297 Posts
as i remember there is a button on the dash to correct the tp, why would you put load range d on anyway??

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have D load ratings on mine with no problems..... 3500 is where you have to start worrying about load ratings I think, Could be wrong though

·
Registered
297 Posts
you could be wrong if you tow at all, d's are for 1/2 tons, if you just play and race d's are fine

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
dont tow anything...truck is a tax writeoff.

anyway....pushing the light load button has no effect on the annoying light on the dash. It just blinks at me a few times and goes off.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
the light load button works for me. I leave it on all the time.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2008 Ram 2500 QCSB, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
2,457 Posts
you could be wrong if you tow at all, d's are for 1/2 tons, if you just play and race d's are fine
my load range D tires are rated at nearly 200lbs. more per tire than the factory load range E tires. Could you explain to me how they are just for play and race 1/2 tons again?

the light load button will not correct the issue. with the light load button illuminated, the TPMS is set to trigger an alarm at pressures under 60psi in the front, 45psi in the rear. with the light load button off, the TPMS is set to trigger an alarm at pressures under 60psi in the front and 70psi in the rear.

currently there is no way to adjust the TPMS to trigger an alarm at any different settings than those preprogrammed in. Dodge is currently working on an update for the StarScan tool that will make this possible, however. Just have to wait on Chrysler to get it out; this option is available for all the passenger cars Chrysler has out that have had TPMS for a couple of years now (300, Magnum, Charger, etc).

also, TPMS is a federally mandated piece of equipment on all 2008 SRW passenger highway vehicles. no way to disable it so far. maybe the smarty will be able to do so when it is released for the 6.7, who knows...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bizarre to get so many different answers (not that all arent appreciated)

some say the light load button works...others say no...just like the opinions on the leveling spacer / alignment issue!

·
2,457 Posts
my information on the light load button was pulled directly off the sticker on the driver's side pillar of the truck as well as the owner's manual.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
bizarre to get so many different answers (not that all arent appreciated)

some say the light load button works...others say no...just like the opinions on the leveling spacer / alignment issue!
sorry I should have mentioned that the dealer adjusted the TPMS after they installed the Toyo's and was told by them to leave the Light Load on.:thud:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so the dealer can adjust the limit? fantastic...ill make a trip over there then as im not looking at this light forever.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
ok so the dealer can adjust the limit? fantastic...ill make a trip over there then as im not looking at this light forever.
I'd call them first before you go to all that trouble. When I was buying my truck the TPMS was one of the selling points that the aftermarket guy told me. if I disengage the Light Load button the Telltale light will come on. I'm not sure how they got it to kill the Telltale light. some dealers may not want to do it for legal reasons but, they maybe able to adjust it for your new tires.

·
2,457 Posts
I'd call them first before you go to all that trouble. When I was buying my truck the TPMS was one of the selling points that the aftermarket guy told me. if I disengage the Light Load button the Telltale light will come on. I'm not sure how they got it to kill the Telltale light. some dealers may not want to do it for legal reasons but, they maybe able to adjust it for your new tires.

can you do me a favor and contact your dealer to ask them how they did this? my dealer says there is currently not a way to adjust the TPMS in the '08 Ram trucks. I would LOVE to be able to adjust this thing...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
went to my dealer service dept today.

answer was:

"no there is no way to reprogram the computer to have the light go out at a lower pressure"

"no we cant adjust the speedo for larger tires"

·
2,457 Posts
My power pup corrected my speedometer. now 70mph on the Magellan is 70mph on the speedometer. As far as the TPMS is concerned, I still have the little ding twice when I start the truck up as well.

Willis08--did you ever ask your dealer how they got your TPMS light off? You sure would be helping alot of people if you could post a little more information as it seems you are the only person running a load range "D" tire that DOESNT have the TPMS warning going off constantly. What tire pressure are you running in your front tires?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if it gets annoying enough ill open up the cover and put a piece of electrical tape over it!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
This is why I made it a point to find E-Rated tires for mine. 75psi and no TPMS issues. I really wanted 315s but didn't want to deal with this so I stuck with 285s...

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is why I made it a point to find E-Rated tires for mine. 75psi and no TPMS issues. I really wanted 315s but didn't want to deal with this so I stuck with 285s...
I've always lifted and put bigger tires on my trucks and they were always able to reset the tire monitor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts