Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Nitto Dura Grappler***

Not that great off road, but man are they smooth on the highway. Plus I got one of the first sets in 22" 285/50R22, a little smaller than my 325/50R22 but with fuel @ $5.20 a gallon who cares!!!:lol3:

They come with 16/32 meat on them so they should last a while!

I HATE KUMHO TIRES FOR THE RECORD!:CRY:

Lost 5/32 of tread in 10k miles, and that tire only comes with 13/32 to start!

Nitto Tire - High Performance Tires for Car and Truck Enthusiasts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I like mine too and I hope they last a long time at the price I paid for 5 of them. Mine are just baby 285/70-17s though....

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have the Kumho Road venture in the 325/65-18 and i love them. Great ride and phenominal wear. What didn't you like?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Funny guy!!! I'm keeping these for a long time....

Unless I find some nice 315s E-Rated for a good price... ;)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I believe that's going to be my next set of tires. Unless Toyo comes out with a 285/70 E rating Open Country HT.

MikeyB

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Kuhmo's had way to soft of a compound, worst than nitto...

My Kuhmo's had about 15000 highway miles put on them and I had to constantly have them rotated (every 2500miles) just to be able to hold the wheel @ 75-80...

Not to mention they SUCK in Mud, not dirt or sand but MUD...

My driving breakdown :
City-10%
Highway(75-80 MPH 300+mile trips)-85%
Mud (Deep New Jobsite Mud)-5%

Now I know in the mud the Dura Grappler isn't going to do any better than the road venture, but it ain't going to do any worst!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
G-note, you need to check your truck. I'm running them with 34,000 miles, rotated once and I guarantee another 30,000 out of them easily if not more. I wouldn't by any other tires esp. at that price!!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
G-note, you need to check your truck. I'm running them with 34,000 miles, rotated once and I guarantee another 30,000 out of them easily if not more. I wouldn't by any other tires esp. at that price!!!!

Are you running the kumho ATs, or the MTs?

Ive got the 325/50/22 kumho ATs and they are a great tire! they've got about 15,000 on them and can easly make it to 45-50,000.

I HATE to hear a bad review about the MTs, because im about 2 weeks away from adding my 6" lift and adding the 37" kumho MTs. Anyone eles have a opionon on the MTs?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I got the A/T's and I'm upgrading to the 37's in the next few weeks. I'm sticking with the A/T's. I didn't pay $55,000 for a truck to go beatin offroad with it but the A/T's do what I need.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Haha very true, neither did I, but I dont think they make the ATs in 37s for 22s?

·
Registered
151 Posts
here is 2 pics that nitto mailed to me

·
Registered
8 Posts
What does everyone recommend for a good milage tire when towing heavy loads on the highway. I'm currently running Toyo Open Country AT load range E and the milage is not that good. I've got about 20,000 on them and they are almost shot. Not to happy since they were not that cheap. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I got these because my truck doesn't go off road. I went to Spring fling in Pa a couple weekends ago and tried to back up a small incline and the rears spun really easily in the wet grass. BUT, there was a 4x4 with a lift and big wide ATs on it doing the same thing and he was in flat grass. When I put it in 4wd it went up the incline easily. I guess I can't blame the tires for this. I like them so far...:thumbsup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts