Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

201 - 220 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
The Sound Clips are from INSIDE THE CAB, WINDOWS UP, and the CELL PHONE WAS HELD AT THE REAR WINDOW. Keep in mind this is a single cab truck

·
Registered
454 Posts
dude these things kick a$$, i got mine put on today, the truck was 4 inch straight pipe the whole way, and it was just plain loud, obnoxious loud. It had some drone on the freeway, it would rattle change in my center council. Now its quiter at idle, way way less drone and cab noise, but still has some very nice tone when you lay into it. Very very nice piece, very heavy duty. I love it, i think it sounds bettter than a complete aftermarket system. cant beat the price, welll worth the money

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
pm me a price on one for 4"
PM on the way

dude these things kick a$$, i got mine put on today, the truck was 4 inch straight pipe the whole way, and it was just plain loud, obnoxious loud. It had some drone on the freeway, it would rattle change in my center council. Now its quiter at idle, way way less drone and cab noise, but still has some very nice tone when you lay into it. Very very nice piece, very heavy duty. I love it, i think it sounds bettter than a complete aftermarket system. cant beat the price, welll worth the money
Rock and Roll..... we stumbled on this thing and we are loving the positive feedback :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wally-

I've got the 4" resonator- and I am running a cat back 4" system, but there is no place to install this thing with out cutting & welding- there isnt a straight patch of pipe on the exhaust line anywhere for this thing to fit. Stock factory plumbing up to the cat- no where to install after the cat with out throwing away muffler hangars, and cutting the pipes apart to fit it. Need some help to know where everyone is placing this thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My concern is that if this thing doesnt do what I hoped it would- then Ive got a cobbled up downpipe- to make stock again- I am looking for less noise and reducing the 2150 2400rpm drone.

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
run it between the cat and muffler? if it doesn't do what you hoped, you can weld in a piece of pipe to replace it. I don't think it's going to hurt performance. Everyone has been giving it positive reviews. I'd just take it to the muffler shop and throw them $20 to install it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pricing to 75022.....

I have stock exhaust now and want something that is loud on the outside and quite on the inside with no drone.

Would a cat then resonator and then straight for the rest be my best bet??

My other option I am considering is the 4040 Aeroturbine muffler and just placing in the stock muff location (or alittle toward the rear)

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Can I get a price to fit a 4" system???
Dave
PM Sent

Pricing to 75022.....

I have stock exhaust now and want something that is loud on the outside and quite on the inside with no drone.

Would a cat then resonator and then straight for the rest be my best bet??

My other option I am considering is the 4040 Aeroturbine muffler and just placing in the stock muff location (or alittle toward the rear)

Thanks for the help.
Don't know, most of my sales go on the cheap expandit systems once the customer get's sick of the drone.... I have been told the truck is quieter with out the CAT.... sounds funny but I am hearing that more and more every day.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
PM Sent

Don't know, most of my sales go on the cheap expandit systems once the customer get's sick of the drone.... I have been told the truck is quieter with out the CAT.... sounds funny but I am hearing that more and more every day.
:lol4::lol4:You get what ya pay for rite Wally.

·
Registered
454 Posts
PM Sent

Yep they are quiter in the cab WITHOUT the cat, i am straightpiped with one of these 4 in resonators, in cab noise is next to none, no drone or vibrations, but this thing has a very solid tone to it outside the truck. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

·
ICC Advertising Director
930 Posts
Yep they are quiter in the cab WITHOUT the cat, i am straightpiped with one of these 4 in resonators, in cab noise is next to none, no drone or vibrations, but this thing has a very solid tone to it outside the truck. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

:ditto: Sounds pretty good all around... My parents were happy they could ride in the truck now with the windows down.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I currently have cat on but have a delete pipe sitting in the garage.

Will it be quieter with cat off and only resonator and muffler?

Cat and resonator on and no muffler?

Only resonator on?

I tow a 12k fifth and want to be able to hear people in the back seat while towing, I don't want any drone?

Which is more restrictive cat or resonator?

Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
I currently have cat on but have a delete pipe sitting in the garage.

Will it be quieter with cat off and only resonator and muffler?

Cat and resonator on and no muffler?

Only resonator on?

I tow a 12k fifth and want to be able to hear people in the back seat while towing, I don't want any drone?

Which is more restrictive cat or resonator?

Thanks
The CAT is WAY more restrictive than the resonator, i would take it all off and throw the resonator on, i see your mods and i am not sure on this but sommeone will prob back me up, it should drop your egts by a couple degrees over a stock exhaust and if it makes you feel better my stock turbo is louder with the silencer ring in it than the noise in the cab

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Wally, its Joey(the D11 ripper). Get me a price on a resonator. I have some really pissed off neighbors looks like. 5" exhaust to a 7" stack. So whatever will work for that. 93706 or anywhere in Fresno,CA. Where I can pick it up . thanks.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Wally, its Joey(the D11 ripper). Get me a price on a resonator. I have some really pissed off neighbors looks like. 5" exhaust to a 7" stack. So whatever will work for that. 93706 or anywhere in Fresno,CA. Where I can pick it up . thanks.
PM sent.... Let us know if we can help out

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hey Wally can you pm me with a price for a resonator and a set of gauges( Cheapest but best brand for boost, egt, and rail pressure)? O and an A pillar mount or a mount to fit in the compartment under the radio if you have one. Thanks

201 - 220 of 719 Posts