Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard through the grape vine of some sources I cannot name that there is a new smarty coming out for common rail cummins that will blow the doors off efi live for cummins. Smarty SLR?

Can anyone else confirm?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
SSR? is that the acronym you were looking for?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly...

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
It's SSR and it's in Beta testing now, and it doesn't blow the doors off EFI Live. It has one tune from what I understand the tune is essentially TNT-R 9 with quite a bit more adjustable you have 50 levels of the high and low side of several different parameters.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suposedly it has a full range of tunability. From pulde width, timing, load fueling, torque management, and all kinds of things that the old one has and more and better for the end user as far as knowing exactly what it's doing rather than guesing what timing 3 is or preassure 4.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
Smarty SSR CF Search

Or you can type it in the google search bar at the top. It is in beta testing right now still and there are a few threads on here about it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
COMP-D has a thread the size of Egypt about it, where Marco actually comes in and explains EXACTLY what it is, and can and cannot do!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
lol too funny ^^^^

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
a "boxed" tuner will NEVER be able to match the full range of adjustability of the EFI live program. so there is no way the smarty will "blow the doors off EFI live"

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
The SSR is an awesome tool. Performance and driveability is much better then anything else I have tried.

Paul

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
With all due respect to Smarty (I'm obviously a HUGE Smarty fan), the SSR will be an improvement, but won't be able to compare to EFILive.

I would imagine that if he so chose, Marco may be able to come out with end-user adjustability like EFILive. If EFILive can do it, someone else sure could be able to right?

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
Just seen the ssr will be testin in march:drool2:.Marco is busy with the 2010 2011 trucks

·
Registered
133 Posts
will this b out for 03?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
No, CAN based trucks only so it'll be starting off with 06+

·
Registered
107 Posts
marco better go back to the drawing board. he has made a million of his smarty but its efi's turn to make its millions.

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
Dont count your cards yet.Only time will tell:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts