Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the short version... I went to the beach and on the way back the truck was knocking when i got back took it to a dealer ship to get diagnosed they said injector number one was out that was the problem... that dealer had a bad rep so i took it to another dealer to see what they said... they said that cylinders 1 injector needed to be replaced... so we had them do the job they also claimed my turbo might be blown basicly we told them not to go past fixing the injector because they werent handling the job the way a customer would expect. So after getting the truck back from Dealer #2 the problem was still continued... same knock... talked to another dealer (#3) after being told that it is a cracked piston in #1 they said they would put a sleeve on it and it would be fixed... so we decided to have the truck taken to there dealer ship being that they were the only place that would replace only on cylinder with out overhauling the motor. After the truck being under maintenance at there shop they have claimed that the head is damaged and that cylinders 1 and 6 should be replaced and they are not sure if that will do the trick... which leaves me with the question... Should i have Dealer #3 put a new shortblock in it and warranty it for just under 7500 end of story OR OR OR should i buy a Motor that has 12,000 miles on it for 6500 and put it in myself..DONT NO WHAT TO DO....

·
Registered
160 Posts
7500 and a warranty well thats pretty simple.. extra grand and ya got a warranty.. whos to say that the motor with 12k wont let go at 20k.. then your out 6500..

if the money was there and i was concerend about having a sound motor id go 7500 and be done.. besides is your time and work worth more then a grand? hell a complete motor swap would take a bit of time espically if its your first one..

payton

1 - 2 of 2 Posts