Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

201 - 220 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guys,
I just decided to do the Synergy Drag Link after seeing the good reviews on it here.
I did it for my piece of mind & to keep my family safe.
Plus, I love my truck!!!
I just figured, if I submit my docs & FCA cuts me a check, then great?
I will do the Synergy Tie Rod next.
Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
902 Posts
According to online and the paper I received in the mail, they are. I'll try attaching a screenshot
Ah ok, I have not got that yet. Weird my dealer(s) say parts are not available. Maybe its a Canadian thing? Or maybe they are referring to welding as they told me the 13's, 17's and 18's get welded, for now and I see you have a 17. Who knows, this entire thing is baffling.

Edit: I did get a recall notice for the drag link, but says parts not available. It has one of those things I can scan with my phone to let me know when parts are available. But I'm not going to bother as it also says they will contact me by mail when a "remedy" is available.

·
Registered
877 Posts
$557.06:

Synergry Drag Link - $300 From Diesel Power Products

Install & Alignment - $257.06 From Shattalon Tire Service (My local tire shop)

*I had to scan all documents to FCA via Mopar.com, just as I did with my Water Pump, that they paid for the last time.*

After you contact FCA through Mopar.com, your customer service rep will contact you & request everything again, plus a few extras, like the credit card statement showing you paid for it!

Worth the hassle every time!

Good Luck to you all, too!
And just to clarify for this simpleton, the drag link is a separate component from the track bar, correct?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If lock washers or Loctite is the solution, somebody should let Ram know about it.
RAM has some good engineers, something tells me if a lock washer or locktight truly fixed it, they would go that route. Welding it says its a bigger problem then simply coming loose.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Check this photo from a guy who posted his recall work on facebook. This gives me no confidence in the dealer that is for sure.
Yikes! The worst of both worlds. Now it can't be adjusted, and the weld is nowhere near good enough to make the jam nut load bearing.

Okay, I shouldn't have called that a weld. Sorry.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ordered a Synergy as well will try to get it reimbursed as well.

I’m trying to get “pre-approval” to get reimbursed. As I can’t get in to get a synergy drag link installed until 19 Apr. my luck parts become “available” before that then I’m hosed when I try and get reimbursed.

Wonder how I could fight FCA on this if they tell me I’m on my own? I’ve read on here that at least one person got a check from mopar for cost of synergy drag link, labor to install and an alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
As I can’t get in to get a synergy drag link installed until 19 Apr. my luck parts become “available” before that then I’m hosed when I try and get reimbursed.
Not as single shop within, say, 100 miles, can install it for you? And you don't feel like doing it yourself?
Yep, you're hosed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not as single shop within, say, 100 miles, can install it for you? And you don't feel like doing it yourself?

Yep, you're hosed.

I’m on the road for work (MIL) and won’t be back and have access to the truck until then. Even if I would do it myself...but the same shop is putting in my on board air setup that day and they are a synergy dealer and gave me a 5% mil discount.

The BS thing is: this recall just showed up in the last 5 days in the “My Ram” app even though date on recall is from Jan. Oh and I never got anything in the mail. So perhaps I can fight mopar/FCA due to not being notified in a timely manner...had I known about this 3 months ago my research on here would have led to synergy solution and I’d be done by now...uggghh!!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Check this photo from a guy who posted his recall work on facebook. This gives me no confidence in the dealer that is for sure.

Now THAT is a disgusting "weld". Looks like they grabbed a lot boy who had no clue what settings to use or how to turn the gas on.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
I’m on the road for work (MIL) and won’t be back and have access to the truck until then. Even if I would do it myself...but the same shop is putting in my on board air setup that day and they are a synergy dealer and gave me a 5% mil discount.
Okay, so you somehow didn't know about this recall. But you won't be driving your Ram for a while, so it won't really be able to come apart in the meantime.

I'd buy the Synergy setup now (if it really bugs you to leave things alone for now) and "beat the deadline" that way.

Okay, in reality, if I was truly concerned about it on my Ram, I'd buy the Synergy setup, install it, and be done with it. No worries about reimbursement, like others here have done.

I suppose you need to decide which bugs you more, the steering or the reimbursement.
Me, I'm taking an 1,800-mile trip with my recalled steering soon, and don't expect it to suddenly fail on me.
Could it come apart? Only if I let it, or possibly in a hard crash, in which case I'll have other more important things to worry about.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Okay, so you somehow didn't know about this recall. But you won't be driving your Ram for a while, so it won't really be able to come apart in the meantime.

I'd buy the Synergy setup now (if it really bugs you to leave things alone for now) and "beat the deadline" that way.

Okay, in reality, if I was truly concerned about it on my Ram, I'd buy the Synergy setup, install it, and be done with it. No worries about reimbursement, like others here have done.

I suppose you need to decide which bugs you more, the steering or the reimbursement.

Me, I'm taking an 1,800-mile trip with my recalled steering soon, and don't expect it to suddenly fail on me.

Could it come apart? Only if I let it, or possibly in a hard crash, in which case I'll have other more important things to worry about.

So ZERO standardization in how they handle aftermarket parts. Perhaps the individual posting they got reimbursed was a fluke and someone approved it that didn’t care about FCAs expenditures!

See reply they sent me in asking how to go about reimbursement:

·
Registered
110 Posts
And just to clarify for this simpleton, the drag link is a separate component from the track bar, correct?
Yes, you are correct. The track bar is not a steering component, as it helps to hold the axle to the frame. The drag link & the tie rod are steering components.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
I bet flux cord and a clueless welder who did not even take 10 minutes to practice on some scrap metal first.
If it indeed is a problem with the sleeve, that's exactly what he did.
Unfortunately, he got some spatter on the innocent jam nut, too.

·
Registered
792 Posts
well, I've submitted my paperwork to FCA, we'll see what they said. Either way I'm not too broken up about it if I have to eat the 300 bucks, one of my nuts was not even finger tight and so it was worth it to me to get it taken care of in an appropriate way (not what looks like someone going wild on the nut with what appears to be a sort of shotgun-welder hybrid device). I am interested to see what the revised part is, if and when one comes out.

201 - 220 of 295 Posts